1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Help me. My Prius's horn goes off intermittently few times during the day and night.

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by Yuichi Oishi, Oct 26, 2014.

1. Yuichi Oishi

Yuichi Oishi New Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    III
    My Prius's horn goes off intermittently few times during the day and night. It is happened every hour and the horn goes off repeatedly 6 time "Pi-Pi-Pi-Pi-Pi-Pi". I don't know why horn goes off intermittently. I checked my car, but I cannot aware any problem so far. Please help me and let me know what kind of sign this is.

2. GrumpyCabbie

GrumpyCabbie Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Do you live close to a 4g mobile phone mast at all? Or has one recently been installed near you?

One went up near me about a month ago and my neighbours Rav4 started doing exactly what you describe. My car started unlocking itself at random and Mrs Cabbie who has a Toyota IQ couldn't lock or unlock it with her remote - only the key. This all happened within one day. Rang the network responsible who denied anything to do with it, but the next day sent an engineer round to their mast, took it off line for the day and when it came back on everything is fine again. Maybe a coincidence, but others have reported similar.

3. Easy Rider 2

Easy Rider 2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    2014 model car.
    Still under warranty, no doubt.
    Take it in for warranty service.
    There may be some trouble codes set that don't trigger lights.

EDIT: On kind of a side note, I have wondered what will happen if you just walk away with the car ON ?? Will it periodically honk the horn as a reminder.......or will it shut off after while.......or just sit there happily in the ON mode waiting for someone to drive it off ????

4. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    is there an alarm that uses the horn?