1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Help! Strange sound

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by jessrd24, Jan 25, 2012.

1. jessrd24

jessrd24 New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I have a 2nd generation prius and up now no problems but today my car continously makes a pretty loud buzzing sound if the car is on or off. No lights are on other than the maintenance reminder light as I currently have 57000 and waiting a little longer before I bring it in for the 60,000 check up. Should let it wait a week or get it in now? Please help.

2. V8Cobrakid

V8Cobrakid Green Handyman

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    any chance you can take a video or audio clip?... is the buzz up front? (my electronic throttle motor makes a noise but not when the car if off...)

more details?

3. jessrd24

jessrd24 New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Sorry can't seem to work out video uploading. It seems like it is coming from the area behind the driver's seat. I still do hear the normal sounds when you turn off the car. Car is working fine otherwise.

4. Hal W

Hal W New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    II
    It may be the fuel Pump? Not sure what else would buzz in the back seat area! Actualy I have never heard of anyone having this problem. Always a first thou. Hal

5. tnp

tnp Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Do you have navigation DVD? Is the dvd drive going bad under the driver seat?