1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

1. Murph

Murph New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Hey, I've had an ongoing code problem in my 2004 prius, that Toyota can not figure out. I already replaced the Abs and skid control system. I asked Toyota to give me the codes, and see if I can get any answers or help diagnosing the problem.... The only codes they could find we're C 1252 C 1253 and C1256. Any help or info would be greatly appreciated.

Also, my main battery has never been replaced, and I feel this may have been the original problem, yet Toyota is still not sure, so they don't want to replace battery... Grrrrrr
    Thanks Murph

2. Patrick Wong

Patrick Wong DIY Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    The brake actuator located on the firewall needs to be replaced. This has nothing to do with the traction battery.

3. Murph

Murph New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Hey, thanks for your response. The brake actuator was replaced, not the abs system. Toyota replaced the brake actuator first, then the problem happened again, they replaced the skid control. Now it happened again, and they don't know why?

4. Patrick Wong

Patrick Wong DIY Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Check the ABS MTR and ABS MTR2 relays which are located in the main relay/fuse box near the inverter. Remove the relays, apply 12VDC to the relay coil terminals and measure resistance across the switched terminals using a digital multimeter. Resistance should be 0.5 ohm or less after accounting for resistance of the meter leads. If higher, replace the relays now.

Is there any reason to be concerned about the condition of the wiring harness which connects the actuator to the skid control ECU, for example a rodent infestation or severe accident damage to the front-end of the vehicle?

5. Murph

Murph New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    II
    There was minor damage to front-end, which was repaired over 6 years ago. No rodent infestation that I know about...