1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

HID Headlight Retrofits

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by Unleashd, Dec 13, 2012.

1. Justdidit

Justdidit LVNPZEV

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Four Touring
    One last request, any chance to see the beam pattern of the new fog lights on the wall like mine? Love the cut off the new projector setup you have gives you. Your low beams have amazing light output. I want to know if I can get buy with the eBay fog lights or if I need the oem ones to get the shield and cutoff. Thanks! Your DIY was pretty cool.

[​IMG]

2. Unleashd

Unleashd Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    Will do that tonight.

3. Unleashd

Unleashd Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    Five

Not the best pic, but the camera phone is all I have for now. Also, my driveway is a slight uphill to the garage door. I'll need to find a level place to ensure that my fog lights are aimed low. BTW, I was following a friend back from work and he was amazed at the amount of light these 3Five's and LEDs put out. Since today was the first time I was able to drive extensively at night coming back from work (~40 mile commute), I was constantly watching the cutoff line. Personally, I'd turn them down about another inch. But, I am done with this headlight mod for now :)

If you decide not buy my halogen headlamp housings, I might do a project in the summer with a FX-R or Acura projector :)

[​IMG]

4. Justdidit

Justdidit LVNPZEV

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Four Touring
    Wow, even at only 35W your output in your D2S mini's is crazy compared to my stock. Also it looks like your aftermarket fog lights still have somewhat of a 'cutoff' w/o the bulb shield as OEM do and are fairly good output for just a halogen OEM style bulb. Looks like I need to get figured out if I want to do the H1 Mini or the D2S soon and get some of these new fog light replacements and pop in my 55W 3000k HID kit. Thanks for the pictures!

Unleashd likes this.