1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Hidden costs of owning a Prius C

Discussion in 'Prius c Main Forum' started by MunkusMPG, Feb 21, 2014.

1. MunkusMPG

MunkusMPG New Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Sure the mileage is great....but the dealer never warned me about the cost of adding a room onto my house to display my racing trophies!!! :LOL:

Fahfoofnik likes this.
  2. ucmenhvn

ucmenhvn Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    You race your C?

3. MunkusMPG

MunkusMPG New Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Well.........I don't win......much.....:(

flotowngtm likes this.
  4. ztanos

ztanos All-around Geek!

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    So it's a small addition. :ROFLMAO:

5. DKTVAV

DKTVAV Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    I raced once with a new Vette in my local streets. We raced 3 traffic lights. I started at the first one, floored the gas pedal to get in front when he didn't notice at first and then vrrooomm pass me easily. And the next 2 times my little C is just what people saying: from 0 - 30 mph she's not that slow with the help of 100% torque electric motor she was going almost side by side with the Vette but after that, you know ...

DadofHedgehog likes this.
  6. ucmenhvn

ucmenhvn Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    What ever floats your boat. I don't see the point in trying to race any cars let alone a Vette with over 400 HP. If i did i would pick a fair fight and race another hybrid etc. but not on public streets but maybe a race track but not sure if hybrids even go to the track.

Besides that i bought the C for the mileage and the last thing i want to do is race and waste fuel. If i wanted a car to race people i would of kept my 2012 Camaro SS.

7. MunkusMPG

MunkusMPG New Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    I too raced a vet and I won! Of course.....the vet was distracted by the German Shepherd he was examining at the time...but.....hey...:sneaky:

Lighten up ucmenhvn....I'm just pulling your leg. You've got a fun car so have some fun!

8. ucmenhvn

ucmenhvn Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    I'm not mad i just think people get silly on the road trying to race other people. When i had my Camaro i would get all kinds of idiots trying to race me from 4X4 trucks to mini vans and all kinds of cars in between. Lots of ragged out civics and other pieces of junk because they had a fart can muffler they thought it was fast. Most would think they raced you and won even thou you didn't even know it was a race and just driving minding your own business.

9. MunkusMPG

MunkusMPG New Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Two

I agree on that. I never understood the mentality of wanting to race uninterested drivers. Racing on city streets is insane anyway. How would most of these guys feel if they lost control and killed someone? What they fail to realize is that anyone could beat them by simply spending more money on a faster car. The fact that you are driving a Prius should be a clue that you are not likely to care about who is faster.