1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

high mileage maintenance

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Starcheckered, Jun 25, 2014.

1. Starcheckered

Starcheckered Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    hey all,

my 2008 is getting very close to 150,000 miles, and I'm wondering what kind of maintenance I need/will need soon.

I've owned it since late 2010 (purchased with 58,000 miles) haven't ever had anything done that wasn't routine (oil changes, cabin air filter, etc) or minor (lights replaced, tires, etc) except for having my brakes replaced and flushed and my spark plugs replaced.

I've had inspections done and been told anything from that I need nothing done to a list 2 pages long that mentioned a crack in the timing belt I don't have.

I don't know anything about cars, so I don't know what to ask for. any and all suggestions would be helpful along with suggested pricing if you know it.

sorry if this has been posted before but I couldn't find anything this specific. I'd be happy to delete if provided a link to a duplicate post.

thanks in advance. :)

2. JC91006

JC91006 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    If you haven't done any of the maintenance yet, you would need the following at a minimum.

1. transaxle fluid change
    2. coolant change (both engine and inverter)
    3. engine belt (possibly the water pump if leaking)
    4. all your air filters
    5. throttle body and MAF sensor cleaning
    6. check to see the health of your 12v battery

xpcman and Robert Holt like this.