1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Hitch mounted Cargo Carrier for 2010

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by peirhead, Jul 2, 2010.

1. peirhead

peirhead Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I just installed a new Hitch and cargo carrier on my 2010 and thought I'd pass along my experience. The Hitch is a U-Haul that turned out to be a Draw-Tite. The part numbers are confusing because the U-Haul part number (24796) matches the Draw-Tite number for an Altima....however the correct hitch was supplied (Draw-Tite 24808) and installation by the local shop was done in under 1/2 an hour. to go along with then hitch I purchased a
    Drawtite Cargo Carrier #63155 with 1.25 Inch Receiver ($89.95) and a Rola Cargo Bag #59102 ($59.95) these 2 items purchased online from HitchesToGo. The carrier and bag were shipped for $60 to my home here on PEI and arrived within 4 working days...no additional shipping, brokerage or tax charges. An excellent web purchase experience from HitchesToGo!!

The only issue I had was the reciever shaft on the carrier was 1/4" too long as the hitch receiver has a weld stop to keep the shaft from sliding in too far. To get the locking pin holes to line up I had to hacksaw 1/4 inch off the shaft..took 10 minutes and a little black paint to make it look as new. There is a warning about this fit problem in the web description of the item however it is not very specific.

I will post a couple of pics later today..

Attached Files:

2. paulgon

paulgon Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    How do you like your hitch so far? I'm considering getting one and I love your set up.

Thanks,
    Paul

3. dhendriksen

dhendriksen Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I need to get one installed for my bike rack.

Droid RAZR HD MAXX