1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Hmonk's Prius v (lowercase v for the Prius v wagon) Five Build

Discussion in 'Prius v Accessories and Modifications' started by hmonk, Aug 27, 2014.

1. hmonk

hmonk New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    Hey everyone, just wanted to start a build thread on what i've done and learn more from other as well as help the prius v community. This may not be everyone taste but to his/her own.

Got my prius v Five a little over 2 years ago, since then the mod bug hit and I started ordering parts..
    [​IMG]

Kenstyle Visors and HKS Hipermax S-style X came first.... This was during the time where finding visors were a pain and their wasn't much of anything out there and after researching I found out that Kenstyle made some.

[​IMG]

I ended up choosing HKS coilovers due to how low it could go compared to what was out there are the market at the time, I still think these are the lowest ones out there.

[​IMG]

Heres a side picture of them installed on the stock 17" wheels. I believe at the time i still had a good 2 inches or so to go before max out.

Then the wheel fanatic in me hit and found a good deal on a set of Desmond Koenig Specials...

[​IMG]

They were originally 17x9 +35 and 17x8 +35 s and I wanted 18"s atleast. So I started calculating to see how far I could take it as well as bumping them up to 18s..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Currently this is how the car sits... and will probably take it a little lower after the lip comes in.....
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Thanks for reading..

Janbural, KazokuWagon and Derek77 like this.
  2. lilandagi

lilandagi Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Killer v, very very clean. Nice build and I can't wait to see what else you have planned in the future. Japan has a lot of parts for the v's now, but I'm limited to my empty pockets. Looks really nice and thanks for sharing.

3. KazokuWagon

KazokuWagon Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    About time! :) Looking forward to the updates. I wish I could go as low, but then the gf would destroy the wagon. :(

4. hmonk

hmonk New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    Thanks.. yea ive been up on the latest and greatest but the time and wait sucks.. and the money... :cry:

I know, I know... my bad Davis.. but its up and running..

there are definitely times where I'm regretting the lowness but I may be getting cups on the front

#4 hmonk, Aug 28, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 20, 2014
  5. mikefocke

mikefocke Prius v Three 2012, Avalon 2011

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    Limited
    I couldn't get that into my development over the speed bumps. Something to consider before going too low and too big on the wheels.

6. Janbural

Janbural Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    CLEAN!

Whats up hmonk! do you still have your take off rims? if so.. are you interested on selling them? thanks.

7. Eric "v"

Eric "v" Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    Today I installed my last of 4 braces, the Tanabe 2-point under brace. Next (and last) are the front and rear sway bars. My handling should be excellent considering where I started with the original factory handling.

My wheels are very light 17" ENKIE RPF1 wrapped with 215/50/17 Yokohama YK 850 V-rated tires. This lowered my unsprung weight almost 4 lbs. per wheel from the original 16" alloy wheels. (That does not include the weight of the stupid plastic wheel covers).

Now
    I'll try getting back into auto-crossing. In their infinite wisdom the SCCA will probably put me in a class with Miatas. :eek:

#7 Eric "v", Dec 6, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2014