1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

hopefully picking up my first prius tomorrow

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by johnsrt4, Jul 29, 2016.

1. johnsrt4

johnsrt4 New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I have been looking for a deal on a prius for over a month and think I found it. it is over a hour away so put a deposit to hold it while it when through the bmw dealerships 160 point inspection and state inspection and emissions. I'm going to post the website for the car and the car fax is on there too. Looks like it was well taking care of and had regular services. it is 2010 prius 2 with 140k the mileage worried me at first but after seeing the maintenance records and how clean the car looks I think I will take my chance. picking it up for 5,700 which I think is a hell of a deal compared to everything else I have looked at. if you have time take a look at the web site and carfax also what should I look for when looking it over? what should I listen for ect.. while driving it? thanks guys super excited and hope its as nice as it seems!
    here is the link
    Well I'm too new here and can not post the link :( if you would have the time to look it over for me shoot me a pm and maybe I can send it there.

bisco likes this.
  2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    welcome!

first, go to toyota and test drive a gen 3 if available, so you know what you're dealing with. there's no way we can relate all the funky noises and sounds over the net.
    second, learn how to reset one of the two trip meters before you get there. take it for a good long drive, preferably without a sales weasel, and see what your getting for average mpg's. all the best!(y)

johnsrt4 likes this.
  3. vegan

vegan Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    I recently purchased through Hertz car sales.
    Great price.
    They have a 3 day rent to buy orogram.
    This gave me time to have a mechanic look over the car.

johnsrt4 and bisco like this.
  4. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    congrats and welcome!(y)

5. johnsrt4

johnsrt4 New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Picked it up its in very nice shape inside and out ! hour and a half home all highway and got 49mpg!! seems like everything is working as it should! brand new tires. It has a clear bra that covers the whole front end were these vinyl bras factory? I thought it had a lot of rock chips but its all on the Bra so as soon as I get a nice day with spare time I'm removing it. Super happy with my purchase so far. It has the JBL sound is that standard on the prius 2? does that mean it has a 6 disk changer in the dash? I have not played to much with it other then to drive it home. When I hook my phone through bluetooth can I stream audio?

Raytheeagle and jbkendrick like this.
  6. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    enjoy! all the best.

johnsrt4 likes this.
  7. Raytheeagle

Raytheeagle Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    I have the black vinyl bra. Did not have that for the full life of the car though:(. They were not factory and were an add on. I chose to add on the vinyl bra a little late but sill a good investment. Enjoy your new Prius:).

8. Montgomery

Montgomery Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    You should be able to stream audio thru bluetooth

johnsrt4 likes this.