1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Horrible customer service from Priuschat's shop

Discussion in 'PriusChat Shop Forum' started by xvs, Sep 28, 2009.

1. xvs

xvs Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    I purchased some side moldings for my new Prius from the Priuschat shop, since I wanted to support the forums here.

They shipped the wrong color and have not responded to my repeated emails and postings to their "contact us" page requesting that they ship the color I ordered. I have received no response at all. There is no telephone number to call either.

I am about to file a refund request with PayPal. This is really no way to run a business.

Apologies if this is not the correct forum to post this in, but I thought people should know.

2. blueumbrella

blueumbrella Member of Prius Regeneration

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Forget Paypal, they won't help you. If you decide to go forward with requesting assistance, you will need to contact your credit card company. Hope it works out for the best.

3. Boo

Boo Boola Boola Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I suggest that you send a PM (Private Message) to Danny.

4. radioprius1

radioprius1 Climate Conspirisist

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Actually PayPal will help you. Just paste in your order and send paypal a photo showing the color is wrong. After you file the claim escalate it immediately and you'll have your money back in about a week.

5. blueumbrella

blueumbrella Member of Prius Regeneration

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Not based on my experience. I followed their instructions and received a message from PayPal saying they could not help and I needed to go back to the seller. I went to my credit card company who took immediate action. Glad to hear you had good results.

1 person likes this.
  6. hampdenwireless

hampdenwireless Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Paypal is known to be totally inconsistent. They side with the buyer more often then not but not always. Sometimes their decisions make no sense at all. As a buyer make sure you pay with funds from a credit card, NOT funds from your paypal balance. If you have money in paypal (bad idea) send it to your bank before you pay someone.. then pay the entire amount on a credit card. If something really goes wrong you can reverse the card charge itself but only after filing a paypal official dispute.

7. LeadingEdgeBoomer

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    My 2010 is supposed to arrive in about two weeks. Through Priuschat Shop I ordered a Weathertech cargo mat, body side moldings in winter gray, windshield sunshade, and rear bumper protector. Each arrived from a different supplier in short order.

So I have no experience with PC Shop in responding to erroneous shipments but, if I did, I would go first to the supplier that furnished the wrong product.

YMMV

8. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Just to update this thread, we've contacted our supplier for the moldings about the incorrect color being shipped and they are working to have a new set sent out. This is actually the first time we've had this issue with this particular supplier, so the process was a bit of a learning process for us.

9. esoniat

esoniat Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I second this post. I ordered a weathertech cargo mat. A week later no mat, nor response to emails. I wrote to cancel who knows what will happen with this order.

Now I have to decide if I should order from somewhere else and deal with these people if they send it at some random time in the future.

10. jcgee88

jcgee88 Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I've ordered a few things from the Priuschat store.
    I'd give them a "B" in terms of my own customer
    experience.

Every order I placed was correctly fulfilled.

Each order got acknowledged via email.

Every item but one arrived within a few
    days of order submission.

Every item has been of excellent quality,
    has been fairly priced, and fits my Prius
    perfectly.

--

My only complaint was that for one item that took
    longer than I expected, they did not proactively
    update me by email. They did respond expeditously
    after I pinged them. As to the item itself, I had
    seen prior complaints that the item's manufacturer,
    who shall go unnamed, is notoriusly slow; thus,
    I knew there might be a wait and I knew it wouldn't
    be the store that was at fault for this delay.

11. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I just wanted to follow-up on this post since I don't believe there was a break-down in the PriusChat Shop's customer service. The customer selected "Check/Money Order" as their payment type in the PriusChat Shop, so the order was marked "Pending" awaiting payment via the mail. The customer emailed us 2x over the weekend regarding his order, but since we do not normally keep weekend hours no one saw the emails until this morning.

The customer's 2nd email was sent 11 minutes before he came here to post that he had not received any response to his inquiries. Since the customer never sent payment for the order, we were able to quickly cancel it this morning.

12. ursle

ursle Gas miser

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    True this, one must be paypal smart, the bank account I linked to paypal is only used for paypal transfers, paypal has been know to freeze your bank account at will(prior to Ebay having bought them)

Prius shop is very nice to do business with, just be patient, it's not a 24 hour drive-up.