1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

How can I find out how long is left on Toyota Safety Connect?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by Toyonka, Oct 12, 2014.

1. Toyonka

Toyonka Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    Hello all, I'm new here and the proud owner of a 2014 Prius Five with the Technology Package. It's great to be a member here, thanks for having me.

We bought the car nearly new, and the Toyota Safety Connect (TSC) is still active, but the call center won't tell us when it expires. Apparently this date is "confidential". We have no way to find out the previous owner's name as it came from a dealer who don't disclose it.

Do you have any ideas on finding out when our TSC will expire, so we know to start our own subscription at that time?

Thanks in advance!

2. JC91006

JC91006 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Just ask the dealer when was the first day of service for the car. They should also have the information on how long they provide on the initial subscription

3. Toyonka

Toyonka Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    I wish it were that simple. There is a three month trial and after that I don't know how quickly the previous owner started their one year subscription.

4. JC91006

JC91006 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Assume it was started right after the 3 months from the first day of service

5. JimN

JimN Let the games begin!

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Welcome, Toyonka. I wouldn't worry about it. You may or may not receive a number of mailings from Safety Connect to renew. When the subscription expires the little ceiling light will go out. Pressing the SC button will connect you to someone who will be willing to enroll you and take your money.

6. Toyonka

Toyonka Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    That's great to know. Will set some reminders for the 12 month and 12+3 month mark, and keep an eye on the ceiling light. Thank you both.