1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

How do I check the hoses on my windshield washer reservoir?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Technical Discussion' started by MPE, Oct 30, 2012.

1. MPE

MPE New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    The dealer installed a new reservoir, but it still leaks. He wants $200 just to start looking for the leak. He claims rodents must have chewed the hoses, and it would be difficult to trace the source of the leak. I can see that it's leaking directly at the bottom of the reservoir. Is there an easier--and cheaper way to check the hose for leaks?

2. Britprius

Britprius Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Remove the reservoir and inspect the hoses, If the end is damaged there is usually enough hose to cut off the damage but joints can be purchased from motor supply shops and the hose is just standard 6mm clear plastic pipe if you need to extend.

The pumps plug into the reservoir through rubber grommets these can leak if split or badly fitted, again they can easily be replaced.

Andyprius # 1 likes this.
  3. MPE

MPE New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A

4. MPE

MPE New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Thanks for the response, which leads me to what should have been included in my query? How do I remove the reservoir?

Thanks again

5. Britprius

Britprius Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    It's dark here now so I cannot see till tomorrow but I believe it's just a couple of bolts and one clip. No doubt someone will reply but if not I will check.