1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

How do I eliminate the maintenance warning from the display?

Discussion in 'Prius c Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by MustangConvert, May 22, 2015.

1. MustangConvert

MustangConvert Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Several thousand miles before the maintenance is required I get the maintenance warning on the display every time I start the car up. How can I prevent this from happening?

Tapping the display button only clears the message from the display until the next time I start it up.

2. FireFire

FireFire Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Four

But why do you need to eliminate that? I like that but not available in Canadian Prius C.

3. MustangConvert

MustangConvert Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Thanks for the reply.
    For example, after I have filled up the tank with gas the C automatically starts up showing the screen I need to change the price of the gas. But, now instead I get the maintenance warning on the display, and then have to manually navigate to the screen for changing the gas price; I find that to be a pain. The car has reminded me so many times about maintenance -- I'm not going to forget.
    Thanks for the reply.

4. ftl

ftl Explicator

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Instructions on re-setting the maintenance warning are in the owner's manual. Section 4-2 for my 2012, but it's worth reading the entire manual as there's lots of useful information...

5. JimN

JimN Let the games begin!

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    The maintenance needed screen is a PITA. I just reset mine after the oil change earlier this month so I guess getting the book from under my deck & looking for the instructions was an even bigger PITA. Jot the instructions down & keep them in the glovebox. You'll need them in another 5000 miles.