1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

How do you disable the reverse alarm on the 2013 Prius v?

Discussion in 'Prius v Accessories and Modifications' started by Chris F, Jun 25, 2013.

1. Chris F

Chris F New Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    How do you disable the reverse alarm on the 2013 Prius v?

2. Paradox

Paradox Prius Enthusiast / Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    The dealer can do it (or you I guess if you had one) using an OBD II programmer but there is no easy turn it off yourself method like there was on the Gen II Prius anymore.

3. Jere0418

Jere0418 New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    I had the toyota service center change the beeps to only one beep when in reverse when I got my 5000 mile service work done. They did not charge me extra.

JMD likes this.
  4. Diver Allen

Diver Allen Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    There are other threads on this subject here. I didn't want to wait to go to the dealer so I ordered 2 items

On amazon for about $10 is this gadget

Then for my android phone an app that I think is called Torque.

Find the instructions in this forum and you can do it yourself in a few minutes.

Regards,
    Allen

5. TchmYng

TchmYng Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    You can have it done at the dealership - it takes minutes. However, when my husband called they said it would be a $99 charge for service. My husband told them the 3 day old car didn't need service just the damn annoying beeper turned off. After speaking with sales manager and service manager, they agreed to do it free.

iPhone ? - now Free

6. JimboPalmer

JimboPalmer Tsar of all the Rushers

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    You may wish to read the customizations chapter in your manual, so you do not make more than one trip.

7. Lisa Jean

Lisa Jean Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    my dealership (Roseville Toyota) refused to do it. They all say it's a "safety issue". I can understand if it was audible OUTSIDE the car, but just for the driver???? I KNOW I'm backing up, I don't need a BEEP BEEP BEEP for the whole time to let me know.

Just found this online- anyone know if it works? I'm a little scared to try myself...
    To disable the reverse beeping on your Prius:
    1. Without your foot on the brake, turn on your Prius and make sure you are in ODO mode (not Trip A or B). Power off the Prius.
    2. With your foot on the brake, turn on the Prius. As soon as the ‘Ready’ light is lit, press and hold the ODO button within 6 seconds and hold it for at least 10 seconds.(Make sure to count more than 10 seconds but not less or else you won’t get into the program mode)
    3. Keeping the ODO button pressed, move the shifter to Reverse and release, then press the Park button again immediately. At this point, ‘b- on’ should appear on your dashboard display.
    4. You can now let go of the ODO button, and each press of the ODO button toggles between ‘b-on’ and ‘b-off’. To disable the reverse beep, simply set it to ‘b-off’, turn the power off the Prius to exit from program mode.

#7 Lisa Jean, Feb 15, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 3, 2014
  8. Diver Allen

Diver Allen Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    It depends on what year/model you have, I believe. I think this may work for some earlier years. I have a 2013 V and these type of methods do not work. I was able to buy an inexpensive device which I used with an Android app and the process took me about 5 minutes. These steps are documented in a number of places in PriusChat. Might be in this thread for all I know.

Regards,
    Allen

9. RedPrius2008

RedPrius2008 New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    "TchmYng, post: 1871587, member: 117013"]You can have it done at the dealership - it takes minutes. However, when my husband called they said it would be a $99 charge for service. My husband told them the 3 day old car didn't need service just the damn annoying beeper turned off. After speaking with sales manager and service manager, they agreed to do it free."

Just another way for ToyoStealers to come up with such stupid excuse to charge Prius V owners.
    I'm glad at least you guys get that damn beep off.

10. Mike500

Mike500 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    I used this;

It does almost everything that the Toyota dealer can do.

You can add or remove Smart Keys, program "unlocking" options, read the TPMS registration numbers and ALL OBDII codes.

Worth $26.

11. nsfbr

nsfbr Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Can I assume the s/w is Windows based and not for a Mac (which is what I own)?

12. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    I'm kinda grumpy, so:

The reverse beep is intended as a reminder, of what gear you're in, what with the self-centering joystick shifter. Yeah I know, if you need it, you shouldn't be driving. Anyway, it's kept me on my toes once or twice. It's by design, it's a minor beeping sound for a few seconds, it's not disturbing the neighbours. I'd live with it, save my ammo for something more worthwhile, say a bearing failure, lol.