1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

How does it really start?

Discussion in 'Prius c Main Forum' started by Sperez201, Jan 19, 2013.

1. Sperez201

Sperez201 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    I have a 2012 Prius C I purchased last December 2012. I love my C and learned how to deal with the "on ramp" speed and my carpool speed is a comfortable 70 to 75mph. I put in $ 26.00 a week for my 378 mile commute.
    My big question once I start the car, a big hum come on (the regular motor comes in) just like a regular car, and this would continue for a few seconds (possibly about less than a minute) until I get to the ist "stop" at the corner. (Then it settles into the quiet mode)

Is this normal? It has been cold lately in Los Angeles ( 35 in the morning). What is the "supposed" normal start for a PriusmC?

Can anybody also please explain how the echo mode and ev works. Should I always be on Eco mode.
    Sorry, I'm such a newbie

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    welcome! yes, it's completely normal. eco mode makes the pedal a bit stiffer so you can't gas it as easily and reduces heat and a/c a bit to save fuel. some like it, some don't, i always stay in it. ev mode is for moving the car around when you don't want to start the engine or to show someone how it works. congrats on your new C, all the best!