1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

How long did it take to get your Prius II without port options?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by Gen 3 for me, Jul 11, 2009.

1. Gen 3 for me

Gen 3 for me Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    I have been waiting for 3 weeks for my dealer to locate a car in the Barcelona Red I want with no options whatsoever, including those typically installed at the port such as floormats and rear bumper protector. My salesman keeps giving me a new date for which he should know more but still no date for my car arriving. He says there are very few without floor mats. Regarding the few that exist without floormats that he is waiting for a call back from the dealer that each is allocated to. He says he is also working with the zone rep to try to get one allocated to their dealership and the newest list of the next arrivals by ship becomes available on August 1. Does this seem like truthfull statements?

Is there anyone else who ordered a car similar to mine without floormats? How long did it take for the dealer to locate your car and then how long for the car to arrive to the dealership? Thanks

2. sleewa

sleewa New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I was lucky, and my dealer got a "stripped" silver model II from their allocation within a week

1 person likes this.
  3. Martin37

Martin37 New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I wouldn't call the II a "stripped" model! And my rear view mirror does not vibrate - no JBL speakers. :) The only thing my 06HiHy Limited has that the model II doesn't are heated seats but no leather so no problem! Don't own a cell phone and my 'teeth aren't Blue' either. Perhaps a Garmin is in my future.

After placing a firm order for my IIIBlueII I was told 8 weeks to delivery; took three weeks but then again I opted for the all-weather floor mats. [​IMG]

2 people like this.
  4. HoosierGal

HoosierGal New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    We got our car in 20 days. Ours was a level II with no options and Ribbon Blue. We actually just got it today, but can't pick it up until Monday. Hopefully you will get yours soon!!

1 person likes this.
  5. bigdoginaprius

bigdoginaprius Junior Member

Model:
    II
    I put a $500 deposit on a 2010 Prius II in silver w floor mats and Bluetooth on June 30th. I am supposed to have the car on July 27th. Out the door price is $22,470 + Tax, title etc....

6. TKY

TKY Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I'm not the expert that others here are, but I figured with the release of the Gen III, the only available Gen II's were remaining stock of unsold 2009s. So, if you are really thinking a no options, no features model, based on what I saw on the website and in the literature, you're looking for a Gen III Prius II. The Gen III car options are Prius II, Prius III, Prius IV, & Prius V.

It seems unlikely any dealer can special order a Gen II (2009 model year), so you may be stuck waiting for your sales-person to find an unsold Gen II on another dealers lot or special order a Gen III Prius II with no added features or options.

Just my guess . . . TK

7. momo

momo Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    I ordered my silver Prius II without with wheelock and carpet mat on 6/15, the dealer allocated one which is still on the ship.

Two days later, I removed the wheelock and carpet from my order, and the dealer able to do it before the ship arrive to the port.

Then, my car was ready to pick up at the dealership on 7/1 (16 days later).

Ask the dealer to give you the VIN#, it will tell you whether they really have the car for you or not.

8. claridiva

claridiva New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    The OP is referring to a Gen 3 Prius II; many of us with that particularl model refer to it as a Prius II and call the 2004-9 model the Gen 2 Prius. Hence a reference to a Prius II on this board is a Gen 3 model.

Regarding timing, it took about a month between my initial conversation with the dealer and getting my silver Prius II with only the specific port options requested. IOW, you may be playing the waiting game to get one without any options and nothing that you stated above from your dealer sounds like he is playing you.

Best of luck, you will love it when you get it!

9. TKY

TKY Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Thanks for the clarification; clearly, I'm still learning the lingo . . .
    TK

10. shiner

shiner New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I ordered a II w/o options on June 9th. I wanted Silver w/ Misty Grey interior - no exceptions. Got the call Thursday July 16 that the car has arrived (a week earlier than expected). Of course, due to a paperwork snafu between the bank and the dealer I can't schedule a closing yet, so I probably won't be able to take the car home before Monday! :Cry:

*edit* Went to the dealer today (Saturday) and wound up financing through them (through the same bank). Actually got a lower rate and got to drive home TODAY!

11. Ledge

Ledge Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Two Eco
    I ordered my Prius II in Barcelona Red, with no floor mats and no port options, on June 10th. ( $22,650 )
    The dealer put in the order after he could not find one available.
    He did a "color change" on an existing allocation.
    The build date was July 7th.
    He told me on July 15th that it is about 5 days away from port. ( It's on the cargo ship)
    He said in another 5 days it should be delivered to his dealership.
    Looks like I should have it in a week or two.
    Really looking forward to it!

12. jestoy7

jestoy7 New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    My III had no port options and it arrived at port on 7/16 and was at my dealership (2 hours from town) on 7/17.

13. Muhahahahaz

Muhahahahaz Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Congrats!

I just got my 2007 about a week ago, and boy was it a great feeling to drive home in it! :)