1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

How many 2012 Gen III Barcelona Model 5's out there?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by AZGeek, Feb 12, 2012.

1. AZGeek

AZGeek Semi-informed Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    I have confirmed my order of a 2012 Gen III in Barcelona Red Model 5 with the Advanced Technology Package. Still quoted a 10 week delivery time :eek: with the explanation that there just are not that many Barcelona Model 5's coming into the US right now. So I am curious as to how many of you have a 2012 Model 5 in Barcelona.

And if you do have a 2012 Model 5, any color, can you post some pics of the headlights? I have heard that the LED DRL "v" pattern on the PIP will also be on the Gen III Model 5's. Won't believe that until I see it. Thanks. :thumb:

2. samsprius1

samsprius1 HEV Fanatic

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius
    Model:
    Limited AWD-e
    Worth the wait! Nice color on a Five. Post some pics when it comes

3. fulltank

fulltank New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Agree, I have black which is what I wanted but Barcelona Red would have been my second choice. Yeah, if this color/model is rare than it's worth the wait!!!

4. samsprius1

samsprius1 HEV Fanatic

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius
    Model:
    Limited AWD-e
    I like everything about the Five!

red.jpeg

5. Dog Face

Dog Face New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Congrats!! And awesome choice. I bought a 4 and I'm suffering through an estimated 1 - 2 week wait. I have no idea how you're going to wait that long. I want to just take a pill and wake up when my car is ready.

6. PearlJammer

PearlJammer Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    The Fives are almost Lexus-like.

7. FLteacher

FLteacher Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    One is scheduled to be delivered to Deluca Toyota in Ocala, Fl on 2/28 and 2 on 3/12. Don't know if they're equipped the way you want, (or if they've already been sold), but I think there are some available without waiting that long.

1 person likes this.
  8. 32kcolors

32kcolors Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    I happened to be shopping at Target today and walked over to Manhattan Beach Toyota to see if they have any 2012 Fives in stock. They had one in Barcelona Red.

The new taillights with the red bars look pretty good on Barcelona Red and Blizzard Pearl but are a bit distracting on the other colors.

I was surprised how much more the new LED headlights look like those on the lower trims (with the square high beam). I think I prefer the round design of the 2010/11 LED headlights, but the LED parking lights are nice to have. I pulled my hair enough in my search for a parking light bulb that actually matches the LED headlights.

Attached Files:

2 people like this.
  9. MrBillTulsa

MrBillTulsa Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    If you go to CARS.COM you can search for any type of Prius you desire, including color. My search for 2012 LB5 RED returned 15 vehicles in CONUS. I did not stipulate ATP or no ATP.

MrBill

:eek:

1 person likes this.