1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

How many miles and/or gallons in last blip for gas level?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by howardbc, Mar 15, 2012.

1. howardbc

howardbc Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    How many miles and/or gallons are available when one is down to the last "blip" of the 10 blips showing the gas level?
    I have gotten anywhere from 79 to 92 miles in the highest blip. I have gotten 43-50 miles on the second to last blip. Today I got 30 miles out of the last blip and it took a hair over 9 gallons to fill up the tank. I feared that I was cutting it pretty close.
    I was just wondering how many miles I might expect to get out of that last blip. My normal MPG is 42-47 MPG. But the MPG really seems to go down as one gets towards the lower blips. Is there some kind of warning when one gets really low?
    Thanks.:)

2. F8L

F8L Protecting Habitat & AG Lands

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    When the MFD displays the "Get Fuel Now" message and the fuel light is blinking you better get to a gas station!

Some people have gone less than 10miles after the light starts blinking and others have gone almost 100miles. I've gone 53miles or so and I was sweating bullets!

Don't risk it. Get fuel at 2 pips or 1 pip if you are in the city and are near gas stations. Running out of fuel is unsafe.

3. howardbc

howardbc Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius

Thanks, F8L! I don't normally let it get that low. I normally fill up when it gets to 2 blips, but today was an unusual situation. Thanks so much.

4. F8L

F8L Protecting Habitat & AG Lands

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    My pleasure. I'd hate to read about you running out of fuel on some dark back-country road. :)