1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

How Many Miles When Delivered

Discussion in 'Prius c Main Forum' started by Mr Incredible, Apr 11, 2012.

1. p00kienrayray

p00kienrayray Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    You do have a point. Before I bought my Prius, the local Honda dealer had a new Honda Insight unwind with 300 miles on the odometer. They knocked off $3k from the sticker. But then again, idk if an unwind would be listed as having a previous owner or not.:noidea:

1 person likes this.
  2. xerox6135

xerox6135 Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Persona
  3. Prius_2012

Prius_2012 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    3 miles when delivered..
    800 is a lot of mile. DO NOT buy the car if dealer is selling you at MSRP. I would ask for 3-4k discount.

4. pippijones

pippijones Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    I had 252 when I bought mine, but they did have to go to Virgina and drive it up to Philadelphia to get it to me. A sacrifice I had to make in order not to wait another month for it. Totally worth it.

5. James9567

James9567 New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    II
    mine had 9 miles on it

6. orangenerd

orangenerd Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    I wouldn't consider the car you bought new...mine had 46 and I was irked seeing MY salesman showing MY car (I ordered it, with down payment) off to another customer after telling me it wasn't available for pickup for another day... turns out he was using mine to sell other orders to other customers... I would not want to be you

7. Mr Incredible

Mr Incredible Chance favors the prepared mind.

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    We go pick up the car this afternoon. I told the sales kid that I had reservations about the mileage and wanted the history. Where has it been, how long in-country, loaner, give-back, test driver, or whatever. It's a seller's market, though, and they could sell it in a heartbeat if I don't take it. I don't think I want to wait as long as it may take to get a second shot. It's not that I'm burning up for a new car, or even a C, but it's come together here and now.

It may not be the perfect purchase, but I've already have five of those. 1983 Dodge 2.2 Charger, 1986 C10 2wd in red, 1988 K10 4wd in blue, 1991 F150 4wd in maroon/tan, and a 1999 F250SD V10 in maroon. Some of those were well taken care of from mile 1 and were STILL POS's. Some I beat on pretty hard and were jewels.

I've had mpg used cars, and hot rod used cars, and a Harley, and a Honda CB1100, and a 1982 KZ1100. They all had a lot of miles on them when I got them. Everything had a lot more miles on them when I got rid of them or still have them. They all work pretty good.

Nothing is a coincidence. If it happens, however much we try to change it, it was meant to be. I don't think my unseen watchers (or ancestors, or oversouls, or angels) would do to me anything harmful, but they do throw me curveballs every now and then.

824 miles is not the end of the world and I will have a talk with them about it when the deal is made. I won't be rabid about it. The break in wouldn't have been done to my satisfaction, but I don't think the engine will be all that much worse off for it. I'll change the oil at 1k miles, then again at 5k, and get on with life.

Ommmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Happy Friday the 13th! Wish us luck if you're able.

8. Vege-Taco

Vege-Taco Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    11 miles. You got their loaner car.

9. Kirkuleez

Kirkuleez New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    800 miles kinda sucks, but on a car that should run well over 200,000 miles it's really nothing. And being a Prius, it's not exactly " beat the heck out of it " material so I wouldn't be to concerned about it being beat on. I would mention the warranty issue though and see if they'd extend it or not start it until the current mileage at delivery.

10. Michgal007

Michgal007 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
  11. managerman

managerman Prius v Nerd

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    157 Miles...but my dealer put it on the flatbed to transport from a dealer about 300 miles away..no charge....I'm sure it was used for demos...

-M

12. DrPhil

DrPhil Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    I was told mine might have upwards of 400+ miles when it is driven from VT to NY. Kinda BS if you ask me.......... that is several weeks of driving for me........ not too pleased........

~Phil

13. Ashley7

Ashley7 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius
    Model:
    XLE
    ^It would be nice if they'd have trucked it for you. That's what they did for me (no extra charge), but maybe they had already had a truck planned that direction and it just worked out right.

14. donny612

donny612 "Captain Jack Sparrow"

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    I got my PC Two in black almost right off the truck with 4 miles on the odometer.

15. Redcap32

Redcap32 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    I got mine with 14 miles I put 10 of those on in the test drive.

16. beerme

beerme Repeat Offender

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    III
    My stealership had to drive it in from another nearby dealer. Luckily, it only had 26 miles on it, when we took possession.

When I bought my 4Runner, it was the same scenario (different dealership) and they put 85 miles on it. I wasn't nearly as irked as SWMBO. I thought she was just making a fuss, but I can see how it would bother some. But 800+ miles is plain ridiculous!!!

17. Midpack

Midpack Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Mine had 37 miles on it. It was a dealer trade from a dealer 23 miles away, and it showed 3 miles in the service history at the original dealer. So I guess it had 11 miles of demo or misc driving on it when I got it. That's new enough for me...

18. chris.brueske

chris.brueske New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    I had 5 miles on mine when I took delivery at my local dealership. See attached pic.

Attached Files:

19. MattO

MattO New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    III
    107 miles, but it had to be driven from another dealership. It was that or wait 6 weeks to have one shipped from Japan.

20. kindlewood

kindlewood New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Mine had 5 miles on it when it arrived. It had only 8 miles on it when I finally took possession of it, because my dealer filled it up and got it inspected for me.