1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

How Much For a C2?

Discussion in 'Dealers & Pricing' started by Kpfreit, May 9, 2012.

1. zbabies68

zbabies68 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Wow, I got ripped off... they told me it was not an option.... :(

2. BlackPC2

BlackPC2 New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Maybe in your state its not an option or they already had it done prior to you telling them no?

3. jqsmooth

jqsmooth Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    $22.5K OTD including All Weather Mats and Cargo Tray.

4. irl

irl Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    talked the dealer down from $21 to $20k and my fiancée used her graduation from her masters program last year to get us a $1k 'recent grad' rebate, so the sales price ended up at $19k + 6% MA tax & $100 license fee. also managed to get the dealer to agree to an additional $500 on my trade in. i love me a deal :)

5. WD0AFQ

WD0AFQ Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    That sounds like a bargain. I am dealing on a 2 now. I had them down from sticker of 21,232 to 20,400. Then I get a call that the side moulding, carpet floor mats, and rear bumper protector are not in the deal, do I still want the car for 20,400? I told them no. Salesman said I will get back with you. That was a couple of hours ago. I can't believe they are kicking over 200 bux. Oh well, they know I am not budging. There are Prius C 2 s all over the internet and several close to me. I figure I will end up with one shortly.
    Dan

6. want_a_c

want_a_c Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    I tortured the dealer until 11pm last night and tonight I will be picking up my new silver Prius C two for 19.7k
    There will also be a 1k rebate on top of that.
    Emailing dealers and pitting them against each other does work :)

7. nomoreow

nomoreow Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Great job~! and yes not many Toyota dealers given alot discounts on new models.

8. WD0AFQ

WD0AFQ Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Well, went to a different dealer today. Bought the car. 700.00 off the sticker. Paid 1189.00 for aftermarket heated leather seats. Dealer could care less that I had cash in my hand. These little C cars are flying off the dealer's lots, here in our area. Bought the 2 with mats, side mouldings, and rear bumper protector. Not as good a deal as ome here have gotten but I am a happy guy.
    Dan

9. jqsmooth

jqsmooth Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Sounds like people are getting good deals even in the East Coast. Well, I don't feel so bad because a) I'm not a recent graduate(so no $1k rebate for me), and b) I didn't pay MSRP. The dealers will have you believe that these cars are hard to come by and are selling at MSRP or more. I believe that was the case when it first came out and gas prices were higher. My biggest mistake was signing up with Costco. That was a waste of money and time if you are in the NJ/NY/CT area. They only had one dealer that added unnecessary options then gave discount on the car. They marked up a Prius C2 $23000 then offered $1000 off. What's the point? The only option I wanted was the all weather floor mats and cargo tray. I've read it's a good starting point in other markets, but certainly not where I live. So, don't waste your money. Just go in and negotiate.

10. Slinton57

Slinton57 Hybrid Silver Bullet

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    $19,500 for the 2, plus $399.00 processing fee, plus sales tax. Finance rate of 1.79 percent for 60 months. Payment $315.00/month. Saving that much in fuel over previous vehicle at my monthly mileage. This was in Virginia and most dealers were at least $1k higher. It included the carpet mats.

11. Eevs444

Eevs444 New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    I'm in PA and I'm a foot in the door with a $19,200 deal for the C2 with an additional $1,000 college grad rebate bringing it down to $18,200 plus tax and tags. Unfortunately, Toyota is financing me at 2.99%.

12. Aaron385

Aaron385 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Prius C3 w/ All weather floor mats, cargo mat, cargo net, and bumper scuff guard.
    Purchase date: 9/16/12

MSRP was $22,430 plus accessories
    Used Costo buyer program to get $642.63 off MSRP (no hassle)
    Used Recent Grad Rebate to get another $1000 off that.
    Accessories added $247.36 (w/Costco discount)

Sub Total: $21,035

+Tax: $1580.93
    +Doc Fee: $150
    +License Fee: $150

OTD: $22915.93

There was a trade-in involved (04 VW Passat), factored out of the numbers above for simplicity sake. I got the "fair" KBB value ($4300) for it and all things considered, that was about what it was worth. They initially offered us only $3800 for it, but I squeezed another $500 up on it late on a Sunday night. I had to take TFS financing (3.24%) to get the grad rebate but that will be remedied shortly (no early payoff penalty). The actual bottom line on the big sheet was $18,615.93

FWIW: We needed a car less than 160" long to fit in our tiny garage. We were going to get a Honda Fit with the Navigation package for almost the same amount of $$ until stepping across the street to look at a Scion xB at the Toyota dealership when this funny little Prius caught our eye. Didn't even know such a thing existed until then, but the test drive totally sold it for us over the Fit.

13. Prius C2er

Prius C2er New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    I just wanted to say thank you to nomoreow.
    I used the picture to get the same out the door price of $20,867 for my C2.
    I would recommend contacting as many dealership as you can within the distance you are willing to drive to pick it up. For me that was over 50 dealerships but I eventually found one that was willing to sell at this same price. Some dealers acted insulted when I asked for this price and claimed that I was lying and that no dealer would sell for such a price. It was disheartening to get so many no's but nomoreow's photo gave me the resolution to find the dealer who could match that price, and I hope it works for others too.

brytface and nomoreow like this.
  14. nomoreow

nomoreow Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I'm glad to help, my nick suppose to be "nomorenow", I've send pm Admin twice, never reply back.
    So stuck without the N.......Anyways So happy you got the C2, still not many of these Prius-C on the streets. Where did you brought yours? In the Bay Area too ?

re: I got the very same feeling, when asked other dealers to try match Autowest Toyota. And told me over the phone, "No other dealers WILL sell it less $20k for such Hot Commodity car." "When I can sell it at msrp". <<---from another sale manager. That's why even this paperwork is confidential, as long I can help other forum members save money, who cares (done deal already)....... And showing Priuschat members that Salesman/women do lie and always said "that's best I can offer to you" <<---all lies~!!! lol....

btw: also own a 2012 Honda Odyssey, also got below dealer invoice pricing 11months ago.
    Here is my other busy Thread with 50+ DYI's project My 2012 LX - Accessories on going Weekend projects w/Pics - Page 7

15. CMJAnew

CMJAnew Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    They are selling for $900 to $1000 off sticker in the NY/PA twin tiers area.

16. CAlbertson

CAlbertson Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    One
    You can get a far better than sticker price. Do these things:

1) Use the car max buying service and IGNORE any dealer who will not give quotes over emails. Many of them say "come in and we will talk" Just ignore those guys or better tell them you will only buy from the others who don't say that.
    2) WAIT. The dealers who respond to the carmax service are not making a huge markup and take their time, wait a few days. The ones who come back really quick are the ones with the higher price. And none of them work on weekends. I think they only work on these Internet quotes when they have nothing else to do.
    3) Buy the car AFTER the weekend. Dealers sell most cars on weekend to walk-in customers and will hold inventory hoping to sell at full price. After about 6:00pm on a Sunday, if they still have inventory, then thy are willing to go to a lower price Internet/email quote. So do NOT ask and do not expect a good deal on a Saturday afternoon.
    4) Remember you are dealing with a professional sales person who is trained and does this every day. Do not let them use the typical car salesman tricks.
    5) do not allow them to sell you any dealer add-ons. If they try "walk". You are not the customer they want.

All that said, I'd think you could pay just over or about $20,000 before tax and license

17. valuequest

valuequest Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    C2 including carpet and trunk mats, no other options: $19515
    processing fee: $499
    Virginia title tax and fees: $661
    dealers' business license tax: $39
    -----
    total out the door: $20714

18. Ardentauthor

Ardentauthor New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Black Sand Pearl with cargo mats, window tint, rear bumper protector, and backup camera. The out-the-door price was $22,500.
    The camera has to be installed and I'll get it next week...I'm so excited! :)

19. Phil 29 Palms CA

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    I purchased my 2012 PRIUS C at Toyota of the Desert, Cathedral City, CA. ON July 21, 2012 for $22,823.90. THIS COVERED ALL COSTS, I paid cash. No financing...

20. Phil 29 Palms CA

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    I forgot to say in the previous thread it was a PRIUS C TWO for $22,823.90.