1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

How to customize the Splash Screen

Discussion in 'Prius v Main Forum' started by Cactus Hybrid, Jan 3, 2012.

1. Kurt E Sanders

Kurt E Sanders Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    The USB Stick, with the case sensitive folders (see below), MUST BE FORMATTED UNDER MS WINDOWS AS FAT32. I have a Macbook Air and tried all the various disk utility format options and none worked until I fired up VM Fusion and Windows 8.1 and reformatted as Fat32 and used Windows Explorer to transfer both directories.

I also resized the three jpg images as as 800x400 since that size matches the optimal size of the Prius v ATP navigational display.

Here is the folder structures that must be created in the root of the USB stick, directories must be named exactly as below. The picture filenames (max of 3 files) can be named any 32 character ascii name but the file extension must be ".jpg".
    [​IMG]

2. walterm

walterm Active Member

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    The key that I had missed until now was the number of files in each folder. I had no success the first time I tried because I had too many files in the StartupImage folder. When I made a DisplayOff folder and only had one file in it then it worked!

And on a side note - does it seem weird to anyone else to set an image to see when you press 'screen off'?

3. Bill Affter

Bill Affter New Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Four Touring
    Instructions for this is on pages 60-62 of my 2017 Prius Four Touring "Navigation System Owner's Manual".

4. Steve-O 34

Steve-O 34 New Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    V
    Hey guys, just got my first Prius today... Used : 2014 Prius V Five and I have been messing w/ everything! I found this info by reading and watching many articles and videos, and then some discovery of my own where the info wasn't detailed in those sources.

So, you have to have a separate folder for each (case sensitive) StartupImage and DisplayOffImage . I'm sure you've seen that everywhere... but what I didn't see, and is what I did for this to work for me, was to only have one folder on the flash drive at one time. With both folders on the flash drive, it would only recognize the StartupImage folder. When I removed that folder, and tried only the DisplayOffImage folder by itself, I was then able to upload the photos! Now, I've only used a couple of photos for each folder, but I read that the max is 6 for each, and not sure if that Toyota StartupImage default image is removeable, or if it takes up one of those supposed 6 available slots... however, I also learned that 885x530 is a good picture size... so I adjusted my photos, and they fit the screen great with an 885 size!

Also, my flashdrive is formatted FAT32, I haven't tried NTFS, but I read that NTFS doesn't work. I can't say that it doesn't.

I've also looked for a way to download Map updates, Gracenote (still not sure what that is), Entune (still learning), but that stuff seems to be where it needs to be? I wanted to install Entune 3.0 so I could try to use RemoteStart from my iPhone and AppleWatch. I found it cool that with the Entune app, with my Pandora logged into it, I would start up the car, and Pandora starts right up! I was also hoping to find a hack that would allow me to open just one moonroof at a time, if that's a thing.. not for any important reason... just so I can if I want to...

I was hoping to find that I could change the color of the button lights in the car but those stay green from what I see. I am partial to blue myself.

Anyone else have any tips? Having fun w/ this! I can't wait to see how much money I DON'T spend on gas this first month!!!

I am also open to suggestions for good phone holsters, I like magnetic, that don't get in the way. Roofrack would be nice, but with the moonroof, not sure if that's possible... looks like the whole roof is glass. I will also be searching for a trailerhitch, to carry the family's bikes, or rack for cooler or luggage.

What cool mods have you done?

5. mikefocke

mikefocke Prius v Three 2012, Avalon 2011

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    Limited
    Considering the obscene cost of the map data updates, any guidance you can give would be appreciated. It is made all the more irritating to me because my salesman said "free over the air updates" during the buying discussion not distinguishing between Entune updates and map data updates.