1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

How to play music by folders using a USB drive

Discussion in 'Prius v Audio and Electronics' started by ImeanGreen, Feb 23, 2014.

1. ImeanGreen

ImeanGreen Prius v Five BP Brigade #236

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Right now it plays alphabetically but could not play songs in one folder. I have group my songs in folders and wanted to know if this could be done. Do I have to reformat my USB drive? I have the five model.

2. Capecodbeachfront

Capecodbeachfront Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    I ripped each CD to its own "Album" folder. I did have to go into the USB drive and add the names of some of the songs. Some Cd's were very old and only ripped as "Track 1" rather than tagged with title. I then 'copied' individual songs I enjoy from many albums had put together a Personal Mix album/ Folder Personal Mix has about 50 songs so I often select it by folder then use random to play the songs in the Mix. The random feature makes the Mix much more interesting.
    Your 1 folder that did not play? Is it possible in was ripped in a different format... not MP3? The other thing that has happened to me is I sent the music to the previous folder because I forgot to create and name the new Album folder? That could mean you are trying to play an empty folder. My Gordon Lightfoot ended up in the Carole King Album...

3. ImeanGreen

ImeanGreen Prius v Five BP Brigade #236

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I have made 3 folders but will play songs from different folders alphabetically say jazz, pop and soft rock in the mix. BTW, these are mp3's downloaded in the folders.