1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

How to replace power mirror switch?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by stlprius, Nov 13, 2014.

1. stlprius

stlprius Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I was quoted $325 by dealer to replace power mirror switch on a 2010 Toyota Prius. Is this possibly a do it yourself job?

2. stlprius

stlprius Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Any help?

3. Futureboy

Futureboy Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I'm aware I'm replying to an old post, but this thread came up in a search when I just recently had the same problem so I decided to post the answer for those who follow...

YES! You can do it yourself and it is a very easy repair/replacement!
    The hardest part is finding the right switch. Once you have the switch the replacement is very easy and takes less than 5 minutes with no tools (or maybe a small flat head for the switch face plate, depending on the switch you purchase). I purchased my replacement switch off ebay for $25. At the time of writing this, mirror switches on ebay average about $20-40.

Since seeing is always much easier than trying to read a text description of something like this, I created a video of this repair:

Works for the Prius third-gen model years: 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 (and possibly others)

Hope this helps!

Somyprius and Rebound like this.