1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

How to replace wiper blade rubber insert on 2012 v?

Discussion in 'Prius v Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Krellan, Apr 6, 2014.

1. Krellan

Krellan Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    I have a 2012 Prius v Five. I have new wiper blade rubber inserts from the dealer, that I picked up while waiting for service. Can't figure out how to install them, though. How do you access the rubber, and separate it from the metal? There's no obvious screws on the assembly that I can find. Am I missing something obvious here?

Toyota part numbers:
    85214-47061
    85214-47051

I found instructions online but unfortunately they were for a regular Prius (not v) and they've changed the design.

Much thanks!

Josh

2. SageBrush

SageBrush Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    No screws.
    I find that if I try to replace the rubber while the metal arm is attached to the car I lose patience. So I detach the arm and sit down comfortably at a table in the house. Then it is clear and easy.

Do keep in mind that you have to reuse the metal strips.

This is what I wrote for myself some years ago. See if it helps:

3. Guill

Guill Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    I agree with SageBrush, first remove the wipers from the car ... much easier this way. I just replaced the wiper blade rubber inserts on my v this last weekend--very easy. There is a notch on one end of the insert ... look at the notch on the new insert and you'll see that it obviously has to be inserted into the metal bracket in one direction ... just pull the insert in the opposite direction to remove.