1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

How to Select Techstream Customize Functions: Gen III

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by vito.a, Sep 19, 2013.

1. vito.a

vito.a Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Thought I would post some screen shots of the Techstream customize functions. These shots are from a 2010 Prius. I purchased Techstream and a min-VCI cable from a seller in CA for $24.95. Some of the sellers from China are cheaper, but mailing time can be long.

First caution: The USB to OBD2 VCI cable driver will only run on a 32 bit computer. Even with an old 32 bit Win XP computer, I had to load/reload the cable driver 3 times. Once done, it is great.

Your owner’s manual covers the customizable features built into the car.

To get to the customizable features, connect the laptop to the car OBD2 port just under the steering column. Start Techstream and depress the brake pedal and press the cars power button. Techstream should connect and ask you the options on the car (radar cruise control and sunroof). It will also pop up with the VIN number and ask if you want to save it.

After that it’s easy. Just select the third tab from the left, Customize, and it will look like the picture below.

Techstream customize 1.png

Next select one of the Customize Functions and a small box will pop up with parameters. (See picture below)

Techstream customize 2.png

If you click on the parameter, an explanation will show in the Item Description box below. After you are done selecting parameters, click on the arrow in the bottom left of the small box and it will ask you if you want to save. Select “Yes” and move onto the next Function. You will be amazed at the options you have. You can even turn off the seat belt beeper on the driver or the passenger side or both.

I turned on 4-door unlocking and turned the backup beeper to only 1 beep. You can turn on/off the remote button functions. Actually, my dealer inadvertently turned off ALL of my remote functions and was not able to turn them back on. This was my main reason for digging into Techstream. I was also able to program a new remote Key Fob using the Smart Key Menu on the fourth tab. Hope you all have fun with this!

Chiller-jo, Danny3xd, pjksr02 and 2 others like this.
  2. Former Member 68813

Former Member 68813 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Cool. I personally decreased the wireless buzzer to 3 to make it less annoying and auto lights off to no delay to decrease 12V battery discharge.

BTW, you might want to remove your VIN# from the pictures.

3. edwardob

edwardob Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    min-VCI cable.....which one fits prius
    Toyota 16pin or 22pin

update its 16pin!!

WE0H likes this.
  4. vito.a

vito.a Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    You will need a standard OBD II to USB cable. The OBD II cable is a male 16-pin (2x8) J1962 connector.

edwardob likes this.
  5. wbray123

wbray123 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Would this be the correct device for a 2013 Prius?
    MINI VCI V8.10.021 for TOYOTA Cable & Software TIS Techstream 2013 Newest, J 2534

6. vito.a

vito.a Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I have not worked an a 2013, but I assume they are very close. Yes, this should work. Make sure you load it onto a 32 bit laptop and take your time setting up the cable driver.

7. xliderider

xliderider Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Is the software a demo or temporary version? The item description is ambiguous, perhaps on purpose?

SCH-I535

8. vito.a

vito.a Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    That's a good question. I suspect someone has hacked into it. It appears to be a full up version.

9. kdj0823

kdj0823 New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Hi. If you get a used Smart Key (same model number), what are the details to reprogram using Techstream? I watched a locksmith do this unsuccessfully for me. He rean the reset program first (took 15 min), then the add program. We got the error message that the used smart key was already programmed. Thanks for your help

10. vito.a

vito.a Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Unfortunately, there are only a few folks that can re-program a Gen 3 Denso Toyota smart key fob once it has been programmed to a car. If you are in Southern California, Tommy at Trap Automotive Locksmith can do it (949 678-2623) and there is another shop in the San Francisco area. I'm sure there are others, I am just not familiar with them. These folks charge at least $100 to reprogram a used fob.

Another way to add a second key fob is to purchase a NEW one from one of the online discount Toyota Parts places. Frontier Toyota sells new Smart Key Fobs for $189.44.

http://www.frontiertoyotaparts.com/parts/2010/Toyota/Prius/Base?siteid=217962&vehicleid=208868&section=ELECTRICAL&group=BODY%20ELECTRICAL&subgroup=KEYLESS%20ENTRY%20COMPONENTS&component=TRANSMITTER

You can easily program a new key fob yourself using Techstream and the Smart Key Live Tab.

kdj0823 likes this.
  11. amati5

amati5 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    My first post. Can you just briefly describe how the software/laptop interfaced with the new key fob so that it recognized it. Did you have at some point push a button on the new fob and let the car recognize it?

Thx, I appreciate it. Just got a used 2011 with just one smart key, and this key works but may be not be original either. Once I know the procedure, I'll buy a new one from a dealer and program.

#11 amati5, Jan 27, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2015