1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

How to turn-up intensity on display panel while headlights are on?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by SFguy2009, Aug 26, 2009.

1. SFguy2009

SFguy2009 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Hi all,
    Since there is no Daytime Running Light (DRL) on 2010 Prius, I like to turn on my headlight instead. However, this would cause the monitor display to dim ... making it harder to see. No problem with adjusting the Nav display. The instensity dial on the left side panel doesn't do much in this matter. Any help? Thanks in advance ...
    :)

2. jburns

jburns Senior Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    You have to turn it all the way up. You will feel a click and the dash display will go to full brightness.

1 person likes this.
  3. dsviv

dsviv Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    SFguy2009, I went to my dealer last week and had them lower the auto headlight off feature from the default of 60 seconds to 0 seconds. This, in effect, has turned my headlights into DRL.

I keep the wheel to the left of the steering column clicked all the way to the top unless I'm driving at night, in which case I scroll the wheel out of the click, but still leave it at the top for maximum "night" brightness.

I couldn't believe my kid's '07 Corollas have DRL, but my car (which BTW cost twice as much) didn't.

It will mean replacing headlights sooner, but IMO the safety factor of DRL is well worth it.