1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

How to unlock all the doors automatically

Discussion in 'Prius v Accessories and Modifications' started by darinf, Jan 5, 2012.

1. socalbeach

socalbeach Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    This is terrific information! Worked like a champ.

2. tanasit

tanasit Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    I just have my V for a few days, first I set it via the screen to unlock all door by driver door but the next day it changed to open only the driver door. I did not know why until I read this informative post. While I was unloading my stuffs, I accidentally pressed the remote in my pocket and heard a few beeps but didn't pay any attention. I have yet go back to the setup screen and confirm that the remote press will override the saved setup??

3. rjparker

rjparker Tu Humilde Sirviente

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    Who uses a fob when all you have to do is touch the driver's handle? My keys haven't seen the light of day since I bought my first Prius (2008) and now the 2012. So by changing the default the touch on the driver's door opens all doors and the hatch. As far as security goes, I try to stay out of Florida (stand your ground),

Bmr4life and kim.mpls like this.
  4. plsinger

plsinger Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Point taken on the fob...I also very rarely use mine.
    However, I still think the security aspect is important, particularly for women driving alone.

5. rjparker

rjparker Tu Humilde Sirviente

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    That's true especially for women driving alone. Plus on our08 the front, passenger and hatch respond to the fob's presence while the 12 v3 only works at the driver's door.

6. impossible

impossible New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    Great tip! Thanks. Out of curiosity, where is everyone keeping their FOB? Obviously, my wife can keep her's in her purse. I assume y'all just keep them in your pockets?

"My keys haven't seen the light of day since I bought my first Prius (2008) and now the 2012." may have thrown me off.

7. fuzzy1

fuzzy1 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    And for men. Around here, men are not any less likely to be victimized by violence than are women.

8. GerryL

GerryL Master Model Railroader

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    Wow, you guys! I just picked up my V last night and one of the first things I bemoaned was the fact that only the driver's door opened when I touched the handle. Just tried the "two buttons for 5 seconds" trick -- voila!

This is gonna be a fun ride...

parnami likes this.
  9. n0na

n0na Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    I often use the fob to unlock the rear hatch as I approach the car. That's often easier than first walking up to the driver's door and touching its handle. I used the nav screen to set things up so that it only takes on press of the unlock button on the fob to open all doors plus hatch. Regarding safety issues, yes it might be slightly less safe in some areas if all doors unlock when you open the driver's door (or press the unlock button on the fob). But the most important thing is to be aware of who's near your car as you approach. You can train yourself to get into the driver's seat quickly and immediately lock all doors behind you. Then put on your seat belt and start the car.

10. owayneo

owayneo Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    III
    Waited for the 2 beeps and it worked. Was a real pain before, thanks.
    [​IMG]

11. Megan2044

Megan2044 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Depends on where you live, mostly for nighttime garage parking and city driving where this would be a safety issue (unlocking all doors). Just change it to unlock all doors if you are a garage or daytime/suburban driver.

12. Megan2044

Megan2044 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    I had the opposite where the dealer set it for all the doors to unlock. Likewise I found it nowhere in the manual. WIll try same suggestion, not available through the NAV display as the guide seemed to indicate.

13. nelliedoll

nelliedoll Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    V
    This is easy for me, as I treat it the same as I did my 2005 Prius. If I'm walking up from behind the Prius v, I make like I'm going to open the hatch, but I just lightly press on the hatch opener (not all the way). This unlocks ALL the doors. If you press all the way, it unlocks all the doors as well as opens the hatch. I have a child seat in the rear passenger side - all I have to do to unlock is go to the passenger side and make as if I'm going to open the passenger (front) side door, then open the rear one because that unlocks all the doors.

I do have the ATP on my Prius v5, but these features work exactly the same as they did on my 2005 Prius with just a package 3. I hope this helps.

I rarely use my FOB as well. One thing that urks me is that they didn't make a holding station (whatever you wanna call it) for the FOB, like they did on the Prius (at least the 2nd gen).

14. Adam H

Adam H Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    My V3 with no advanced tech package has that option on the touch screen. You go to setup, vehicle, and it's there. I've set mine up to open all the doors, because most of the time when I enter the car I need to drop some bag either on a seat or the hatch, so why should I make things difficult for myself? Now I just open the driver's door and all the doors are unlocked.

15. Adam H

Adam H Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    The only reason I can see for the two step door opening is if you're in a high crime area and you're often just getting into the car without having to open other doors. In that case the default setting can keep an unwanted passenger from getting into the car with you.

16. Marathon Mama

Marathon Mama Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    That was easy, thanks much!

17. Cristino

Cristino Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    My V Two now unlocks all doors by just gripping the driver's handle... Thanks! :)

Bmr4life likes this.
  18. GerryL

GerryL Master Model Railroader

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    On a related subject: the owner's manual on the V says that you should be able to open the hatchback by pushing a button next to the unlock handle. Does anyone have one of these buttons?

19. Adam H

Adam H Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    Mine V3, does not.

20. umichioe

umichioe Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model: