1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

How's the air conditioner?

Discussion in 'Prius c Main Forum' started by BrunoPuntzJones, Feb 29, 2012.

1. BrunoPuntzJones

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    IV
    Hey, interested in the Prius C, but being in a part of Texas that is routinely over 100F 3 months out of the year, would like to know how well the air conditioner works. Basically needs to blow on the highest setting for almost 3 months.

Anyone have one or experience one? I've been really pleased with how well the 2011 Corolla a/c worked and how well the Kia Soul does. I didn't like the vents on the Hyundai Elantra.

If I get one, it's mandatory to be in white, just too dang hot otherwise.

Is the a/c up to the challenge with the smaller engine and overall system?

2. Felt

Felt Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    I do not own a Prius C, but I do own a 2010 IV. The A/C is fine here in the desert west. One great feature is the compressor is not connected to the ICE. It is powered by an electric motor. Therefore, it will not "drag down" the ICE, and it will function even when the ICE is not running, such as at a stop light.

3. paprius4030

paprius4030 My first Prius

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Works fine for me. Not as hot here as it is by you but we get a few 100 degree days with high humidity and it works good. I agree the plus is, it's not connected to the ICE