1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

How's the C?

Discussion in 'Prius c Main Forum' started by Opihi, Feb 11, 2014.

1. Opihi

Opihi Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Ok folks, I am currently driving a regular 'ol Prius 13. Looking to maybe to make a purchase on Prius C. How's the C by the way? I have been reading some reviews and the reviews ain't lookin to good. I am thinking either to go Prius C 1 or Prius C 3. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

2. Opihi

Opihi Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Ok folks, I am currently driving a regular 'ol Prius 13. Looking to maybe to make a purchase on Prius C. How's the C by the way? I have been reading some reviews and the reviews ain't lookin to good. I am thinking either to go Prius C 1 or Prius C 3. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

3. SwhitePC

SwhitePC Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    It's pretty alright for me. Reviews nowadays are pretty biased towards underpowered vehicles, so I wouldn't go off of reviews too much until you do a test drive. And comfort is a person to person thing, so...do a test drive and make your own conclusion

It's small enough for me to throw it around turns, etc...and it's big enough for my small family and shopping. My body feels pretty comfortable in it driving long distances.

Other than that, why pay $30k+ to go 35-75mph at 20-35mpg, when you can do the same for much less with better mpg.

4. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    what interests you about the c over the liftback? what negatives are the reviews providing?

5. ftl

ftl Explicator

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Very happy with my C3 after almost two years, but I come from a long line of small hatchbacks.

6. NR427

NR427 Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I have had a 2012 C3 for 3 weeks now. It is a nice car and comfortable to me. My only complaint so far is that there are a lot of squeaks and rattles in the dashboard. It sure is quiet at red lights though. :)

7. PriusC_Commuter

PriusC_Commuter Active Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I have a 2012 C2 and a 2014 Plug-in Base. I recommend you get the C3 instead of the C1 (I regret getting the C2 instead of the C3). Are you looking at trading your 2013 Prius for the C? Or adding another car to your garage? I like my C a lot actually, unless I have to take 4 people with lots of stuff in the trunk it's a pretty awesome little car. And I find the seat more comfortable than in the Liftback.

8. SwhitePC

SwhitePC Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    Why I chose the C, the price for one, the size (small yet still pretty big, we're tiny people, lol), mpg, styling

Most of the reviews I've read looking into a C, seems to always always criticize the C's power, some criticizes the plastic interior, some just criticizes it because it's a Prius...All of which when I saw and drove the car (and now for almost a year) I've had no problems or care.

ftl likes this.
  9. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
  10. Juan Arango

Juan Arango Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    All depends of what you are looking for. I have been a C kind of guy since May of 2013 and this is a different concept of driving. If you are looking for a car with moderate power good enough to get going at moderate speeds and save money on gas … then go for it; but if you are looking for a car with high power to dive fast 75MPH and above ... the C is not the car for you. I love my Prius C !!!

11. Opihi

Opihi Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Thanks for the reply folks. The reason for getting a C is to replace a dying Honda CRV about 17 years of age. A Prius C because we don't have the need for a big car. A Prius C1 because of the price, something basic to run around town, meetings, classes and such because we can always use the liftback for some further traveling. But if we are going to step up from a C1 might as well get the C3 I think :) because I like using the GPS although can always use a smartphone for that as well :)

12. ftl

ftl Explicator

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    When I was looking at the C in 2012, having already rented a liftback and done a test drive on the Prius v, I was initially going to get the Two, but I looked at the features on the Three and decided it was worht spending a little more. I haven't regretted that decision.

13. C me now

C me now Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    I never thought I would own a prius period until I drove one. The car will impress you if given the chance. I bought the C-2 and coming up on 25k. No regrets. My biggest complaint is the low beam headlights. They are terrible at night at freeway speeds. Good luck on your choice.

14. garyyamane

garyyamane Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    Just bought a C4 and love it. Got the moonroof pkg and the car is like a luxury economy car if there is such a thing (without the smooth ride and horsepower though). Drives great, has plenty of pick up and go (I drive a 2 lane mountain rode 30 miles each way to work, gain 1000' elevation one way) and I can still pass cars without any problems. Where I feel the lack of power is going up long hills. It has a somewhat stiff ride but handles great. A bit noisy from road noise but nothing terrible. Getting 56 mpg. Plenty of room with the rear seats down also.

acs326 likes this.
  15. coyote303

coyote303 Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    My Prius c review:

Looks: A+ (subjective, but I think it’s the cutest car ever!)
    Mileage: A+
    Comfort: A
    Power: B (drive it in ECO mode most of the time but turn ECO mode off when you need extra acceleration and you will feel like you have tons of power!)
    Cargo Capacity: C
    Bells & whistles: A (I have a 4)
    Fun Factor: A+

When I took my long road trip last summer, I found my Prius to be more comfortable than my old Saturn SL2, and my Prius held its speed better going up steep hills as well.

16. ewaboy

ewaboy Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Opihi? You from Hawaii?

C2 - because the 3 & 4 Entune and stuff don't provide any advantage here - no service in Hawaii. (Unless things have changed?}

Getting my 20,000 mile service tomorrow. Still love to drive my C - it's fun. Maybe my wife's Fit is more fun but she thinks the C is smoother. Wish the C had the Fit's cargo space.

Then again - our dog prefers the 1997 Prizm.:D

17. mahout

mahout Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    I read CR's and the mags reviews of the Prissy (prius C) and disagree with the noise level; my measurements were as good as other cars I have, better than some. As for handling, most distain cars that won't get to 60 in 6 secionds or a quarter mile in 12 secs; however, I raced a Spite in 1960 at VIR and my Prissy beats those lap times. I have a car that will crack a 12 sec quarter and frankly, I prefer the Prissy. I have made several long trips of a thousand miles round trip and average 48 mpg on average speeds of 65 mph door to door including substantial miles on the WV turnpike. I have cheated in one respect. Most cars we see here getting pepared for autocrossing or track days and certainly showroom stock racing, benefit greatly from disconnecting the front antisway bar to reduce the severe understeer of most cars today. I believe its the result of air bags to ensure cars go 'off course' nose first rather than sideways though thats not the formula for handling. Nothings broke, come loose, or become disagreeable except I with the driving panel was aimed at driving instead of s=cuteness. Coolant temp, tach, etc matter to me.
    I drive my Prissy regularly and make no effort to get better mpg, ripping around like it was a Corvette, and in weather snow like we have now, faster than a Vette. Still get 45 to 48 mpg on winter gas.
    Everyone here knows how much I recommend a Prius; no one is surprised I'm looking to buy another one.
    try the Prissy, you'll like it..

18. Delta Flyer II

Delta Flyer II Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    We have a C1, can't beat the price… wish we went with a C4 (I wanted all the goodies and I have a Gen3 Pkg 5 so there you go)

I've made some enhancements to the C1 to give it the options of a 2, but we really like the car..

It does drive different from the Gen3, I notice you can't glide as much in the C as you can in the lift back… and the B mode I noticed I don't like using as much as I do in the regular Prius.

It's a little louder, but nothing Dynomat couldn't resolve. Better gas mileage, its sportier to drive…

There's a plus and minus to it. I noticed that the lift back is more comfortable on any road trip exceeding 100 miles than the C…

When the lease is up on the C1, we are getting another one and getting a C4 or possibly another Gen3 Pkg 2 but we really like everything about the C, we like it even more that it has an armrest, mudguards, HID's etc… No longer feels like a C1 hahahaha now all we need are wheels and its a done deal!

If you don't mind the less equipment and getting the items yourself I would say take the 1, but if you want all the whistles and bells and don't mind paying more go with the 3 or 4…. I would take one on a test drive… They are fun to drive…

We were hell bent on getting another Gen3 and gave the C a try and wound up getting one.. lol…

19. Gne

Gne Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    I've had a C2 for just over a year - took it in for the 20,000 mile service this weekend. That said, before I bought it I never considered a 1998 Camry with nearly 200,000 miles to be either a luxury car or a sports car. Compared to the C2 it was both. I should have taken a longer test drive.

20. Slolane

Slolane Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    Great car, reviews are others opinions and we know how many different ones of those there are. A good test drive will answer all of your questions... give it a try.

:)