1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

HTC EVO 4G LTE: How to get track and album art information on my car's display: Root?

Discussion in 'Prius v Audio and Electronics' started by darkleafar, Jun 23, 2012.

1. darkleafar

darkleafar Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    So I've been having this problem [Q] Evo 4G LTE car's usb port/bluetooth connectivity issues. Please help! - xda-developers and after posting in give different forums I ve given up.

At this point, Im simply looking for a way to get my album art and track information on my car's display, whether it requires root, bluetooth, USB, no bluetooth, whatever. I just need a way to get it done.

Here is what I thought of:

Option 1:
    The linux bluetooth stack for android (Bluez) now supports AVRCP 1.3 but my EVO LTE still does not..there is something wrong with that picture. How do I make this happen? I have a Prius with a head unit that supports AVRCP 1.3 and i need to see my track data on my head units screen. I know one solution is switching to Cyanogen Mod which has already updated to AVRCP 1.3, but is there a way to simply upgrade the bluetooth stack without rooting and going to Cyanogen?
    Or if I must root, exactly what ROM should I use other than Cyanogen? Isnt there any sense based ROMs that have the added ability of AVRCP 1.3?

Option 2: My Prius V three, in a way, does work with Media Sync USB option. Like I explained in the thread linked above, it detects the songs but completely unorganized, and as of recently, it doesnt detect them at all. I keep getting this media file titled "join hangout" and "facebook pop" which are 3 second files each. It seems like they belong to some app or function in my phone. Why does my car keep finding that? Isnt there a way to trick it into finding the songs?

Im getting pretty desperate at this point. I ve researched extensively for weeks how to manipulate MTP metadata, upgrade bluetooth stacks, manipulate disk drive option on EVO LTE, but I ve found nothing. At all. Please help me. Id truly appreciate it.