1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Hybrid battery -- Warning lights - Brake, Hybrid, Master, and Check Engine

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by TommyG, May 3, 2011.

1. spitinuri

spitinuri Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Latest: I got the car back yesterday. Once they replaced the inverter coolant pump all was good. The water pump was fine and not leaking. I did have the drive belt changed. Total: The non-warranty work was $124.

I believe it helps....and this site helps. I walked in with a good understanding of what was going on. I would have questioned any other outragious repair offered (ie traction battery replacement).

2. JohnnyCTPilot

JohnnyCTPilot New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A

Tom,

I just purchased a 2008 Prius last week. I wish I had bought it years ago! I am really liking it so far, but trying to get up to speed on some topics.

I purchased an extended warranty from the Toyota dealer where I purchased my "Certified Pre-Owned". Just trying to do a little "after the fact" homework to make sure I didn't get taken for a ride on anything. After reading your blog, I thought the folks you mentioned might give it to me straight.
    I would love the name of the MA dealer you referred to.

Thanks!

John

3. NAsh072388

NAsh072388 New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    One
    i can repair the battery for around 500 at my shop.... we service these cars all the time... im located in Michigan if that helps

4. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    what exactly do you do for $500.?

5. NAsh072388

NAsh072388 New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    One
    i replace the faulty cells in the battery.... depending on how many cells are bad is how much it costs but its roughly around the 500 mark.. once all cells are good everything works great... i just did one today llol.