Welcome to PriusChat

We'd love to have you join our community and participate in the conversation! Sign up for FREE today.

Hydraulic Jack for Prius Gen II

Discussion in 'Gen II Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by splashdavidson, Jun 5, 2012.

Social Buttons

1. splashdavidson

splashdavidson Junior Member

Your Vehicle Year:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Finding a jack that fits under the Prius to get to the front jackpoint can be a bit of challenge. I found this jack and it works perfect:

Heavy Duty 3 Ton Floor Jack with Rapid Pump

On other threads it sounded as if the 2-ton jacks were not quite strong enough. This is large enough to easily lift to front, but short enough to slide under the lower engine covers. It is also affordable. I got mine on a coupon for $69.99

I hope this is helpful.
  2. Patrick Wong

Patrick Wong DIY Enthusiast

Your Vehicle Year:
    2007 Prius
    I agree that a 3-ton capacity floor jack is suitable. I bought my jack from Costco ~20 years ago and it continues to work great without needing any repair.
  3. The Critic

The Critic Resident Critic

Your Vehicle Year:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I would avoid the china freight stuff, it is a hit/miss and most are low quality. The Costco Arcan ? one is OK, my friend uses them for his auto repair business and they are relatively reliable, but it is still not a high quality jack. When you lower the car, it does not do so as smoothly and slowly as my Hein Warner.

I have a Hein Warner jack that I bought for around $350, but if I were to purchase another one, I'd look into the American Forge & Foundary 200T model. It is low-profile, high quality and priced decently at about $300.
  4. 2009Prius

2009Prius A Wimpy DIYer

Your Vehicle Year:
    2009 Prius
    The two ton jack I bought from Sears works fine so far.
  5. maestro8

maestro8 Nouveau Member

Your Vehicle Year:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A

Same here. I got a Craftsman kit: jack plus two jack stands, for about $50. Great deal for quality goods!
  6. Mike500

Mike500 Interessen-Gemeinschaft Prius

Your Vehicle Year:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    I've had the Harbor Freight aluminum floor jack for 9 years. No leaks, and it has worked fine every time that I've used it.

I've changed maybe 3 tires in bad neighborhoods at night. I'm glad that I had it.