1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

I demand ENTUNE updates!

Discussion in 'Prius v Main Forum' started by darkleafar, May 9, 2012.

1. darkleafar

darkleafar Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    Us folk with the Display Audio with Navigation and Entunes head unit were promised a upgrade to add iheartradio, movietickets.com, and open table to our systems. Update was supposed to happen in the spring...isnt that already past? Toyota's entune website still reads "answer coming soon" in the FAQ section of how to upgrade the system. Anybpdy has any light to shed on this?

2. jbrad4

jbrad4 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Spring is not over until June 21st when summer begins.

3. 360texas

360texas Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Over here in SW Fort Worth, Spring has come and gone. It actually is starting to feel like summer, to be followed by more summer and then Christmas !

I too was wondering about that thumbdrive update they promised.

Do we have to subscribe to SiriusXM ? Which we didn't. Didn't even go to SirusXM site to sign up. And we have had repeated telephone calls and mailing from SirusXM asking us to continue subscription. Told them that we do not use paid radio.

Is there a link between SiriusXM subscription service and the promised THUMBDRIVE update??

4. Prius Team

Prius Team Toyota Marketing USA

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    jbrad is right, though I will just add that it's probably better to say coming summer 2012at this point as I can't share an exact date but it's unlikely to be in the next few weeks. So, just to try to manage your expectations, let's go with summer 2012.

I, too, am eagerly awaiting the update for my two cars which have Display Audio, but I know it'll be here shortly and be worth the wait!

Best,
    Erica Gartsbeyn
    Prius Product Manager
    Toyota USA

5. Cap'n

Cap'n Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    Thanks, Erica, for that update.

My wife wants to buy a Prius v/3, but I've been dragging my feet knowing of these Entune glitches. Why pay big $ to be annoyed?

Your note gives me renewed confidence, and we'll move forward.

Terry Smith

1 person likes this.
  6. 360texas

360texas Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Well summer 2012 is here ! Curious if anyone has learned if the updates are available now ? Or know about a future release date ?

7. 2sk21

2sk21 Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    My personal feeling is that Entune is really not worth the trouble of using it. I love my Prius v 3 and have used Entune perhaps twice in the 7 months that I have had the car.

8. Rhizzlebop

Rhizzlebop Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Can someone clarify what these glitches are?
    I had a camry rental a week ago and tried putting entune on my cell phone and then connecting the car to the phone to use phone data for pandora. It kept saying internet connection failed, but I have full web access via my phone.
    I didn't dig too far into it as it was just a trial rental, but this could be a problem.

Any thoughts?
    Should I try to negotiate a free dealer installed map update or two at some point in the next 5 years to avoid being charged for that down the road?

9. jas1178

jas1178 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    I posted in the thread in Electronics & Accessories.

The Spring Date is no longer the target. July/August 2012 per the Entune Team.
    According to them, a USB thumb drive will be mailed to us with instructions.

I too am not happy with the delay. Perhaps they should extend our Enture trial to be 3 years from the date of the delivery?

10. swg

swg 12 Prius / 13 Volt

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    It already is, unless you are referring to delivery of the USB.

11. 360texas

360texas Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    If you would please provide when and how were you notified about the Entunes extention time frame ?

We have not been notified yet and we bought November 2011

12. swg

swg 12 Prius / 13 Volt

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Just log in to your Entune account online and you will see:

Pricing for Entune™ Access (post three-year complimentary access period)

All new Entune™-equipped Toyota vehicles come with complimentary access to Entune™ apps and data services for three years, active from the point of sale.

13. Quentin

Quentin Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    My understanding is that you actually have to own the vehicle to use the Entune. (i.e. you can sign up for an entune account when you buy the vehicle, not just rent it) If/when you buy the vehicle, you'll be able to go to the entune site, sign up, download the app, and log into the app via your recently created account.

14. ProximalSuns

ProximalSuns Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Entunes traffic, Pandora and Bing all work. If you are waiting for a good in-dash nav and phone interface, you won't be buying a car for a few more years, from anyone.

For iPhoners, to make Entunes work seamlessly, you probably have to spring for the Hot Spot option from your service provider. If you do that, the phone and car connect when you get in and everything works.

As for upgrades, not sure what that would be. iHeart Radio and OpenTable adders? They don't add that much and OpenTable is likely shut off while care in motion.

Upgrades needed but we won't get are to the Nav unit. Wacky stuff like the hands free nav saying it won't work while the car is in motion which is the entire purpose of having the hands free interface.

15. Rhizzlebop

Rhizzlebop Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    So, even though I registered with Neptune, got the app entered the vin and it seemed to work, you guys think there was still something about the fact it was a rental that prevented it from working?

Also I used tmobile with a jail broken iPhone. It's a 3GS but updated to the newest iOS 5. I have unlimited talk text and data for 50 a month. I don't think they offer a hotspot service. Will it not be possible for me to fully use entune or is there a way around this when I buy one of these?

16. Quentin

Quentin Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    iPhones have to be plugged in via USB unless you have the tethering enabled. iOS 5 is what caused the problem with sharing the internet connection via bluetooth on the iPhones. If you were still on iOS 4, you'd be able to just connect via bluetooth.

17. MANNYGRIZZLE

MANNYGRIZZLE Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    I plug my Iphone 4s into the USB BEFORE starting the car. (bluetooth always being on) Most of the time, it will ask to connect to iphone for internet connection. When it doesn't, it means I need to open the Entune app on the iphone, then it will ask to connect to iphone. I don't see any issues with Entune at all. Pandora works awesome.

dgb likes this.
  18. vinny1575

vinny1575 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    N/A
    I agree. Entune is the best OEM head unit I have ever used. Maybe even aftermarket as well. I thought that the pioneer app radio was better, but supposedly it's severely buggy.

19. Owner

Owner Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    Update arrived in the Mail today. If there are any Toyota employees reading , isthere any possibility of making it compatible with an iPad?

20. ProximalSuns

ProximalSuns Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    You just described the issues. "Most of the time" it works, having to plug in USB before starting car, having to open Entunes on the phone. None of that should be necessary.

It isn't necessary when phone is setup as Hotspot. Phone stays in the pocket, nav and phone hookup via Bluetooth on start up, apps start when requested. No plugging and unplugging, no "sometimes", no starting apps on the phone.

Only thing worse than Prius 6" nav head unit would be an Etch-a-Sketch. The graphics are crude. It can't read phone contacts address. The tortuous menu paths. Entunes only working with full Hotspot capability on the phone. An embedded iPad or Nexus would be the "best OEM head unit".