1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

I took a trip in my Prius c Two

Discussion in 'Prius c Fuel Economy' started by tgpii, Jan 20, 2014.

1. tgpii

tgpii Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    The minimum speed limit in Illinois is 45 mph with the following exceptions:[citation needed]
    • Minimum speed limits don't apply to most urban areas, including the Chicago area.[citation needed]
    • Rural speed limits changed to 70 on Jan 1 2014.[115]

Speed limits in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Illinois[edit]

Interstate Highways in Illinois are usually posted with both minimum and maximum speed limits, except in some urban areas, particularly Chicago. Most expressways in Cook, DuPage, and Lake Counties, and some expressways in Will County maintain a 55 mph speed limit. Due to the high population density, the only expressways in Cook County that exceed a speed limit of 55 mph are I-57 at the southern edge of the county, and part of I-80 between Central Ave. and Harlem Ave. In downtown Chicago, where all the major expressways merge, the speed limit is reduced to 45 mph due to high-traffic density and frequent entering/exiting of the expressways. All other freeways in Illinois maintain a 70 mph speed limit, except in areas approaching a major city where the speed limit may be reduced to 55-65. As of January 2010, a reduced speed limit posted in a construction zone must be obeyed 24 hours a day, regardless of whether workers are present.[114]
    A bill passed by the Illinois legislature restored the speed limit on rural interstates back to 70 mph, but allowed the 6 county Chicago region and 2 counties near St. Louis, MO to opt out of the higher speed limit. No county has adopted an ordinance to establish a lower speed limit yet. The change went into effect on January 1, 2014. Before the NMSL, Illinois had 70 mph speed limits on freeways and expressways, and 65 mph limits on two-lane roads. Bills that are similar to SB2356 were introduced in 2010 and 2012.
    The former 55 mph truck speed limit has been removed with the exception of Cook, DuPage, Lake, Kane, Will, and McHenry Counties. In those areas it is either too crowded or the road too congested for trucks to be traveling in excess of 55 mph.
    The minimum speed limit in Illinois is 45 mph with the following exceptions:[citation needed]
    • Minimum speed limits don't apply to most urban areas, including the Chicago area.[citation needed]
    • Rural speed limits changed to 70 on Jan 1 2014.[115]

2. tgpii

tgpii Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    If your not going to go for the best MPG why even drive/own a Prius C/Prius?

3. I would've said that about the old Honda Insights.

4. tgpii

tgpii Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    I so wanted an insight, not the 4 door POS, but the original 2 door/2 person.

5. mahout

mahout Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Be sure to tell that to the coroner.
    And be aware that in most states driving much slower than traffic in contributory negligence if you cause a wreck. So it is your fault.
    Besides, getting 60 mph just gets you laughed at if you have to drive 45 on a 70 mph highway.
    And if you notice insurance companies are raising rates onPrissy's because too many of us drive like you and cause accidents. The damage you do to the rest of us isn't worthwhile. Getting 48 mpg instead of 60 mpg driving competently is a winner !

6. I don't think it pays to get one anymore. I thought about getting one of those as well. If this was 2007 or 2008, then yeah I would have gone for the old Honda Insight. But they're at least 8 years old so I don't think it pays to get one.

7. NewYorkan

NewYorkan Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    Why would you want best MPG when prius already got best MPG? I agree it is fun to get over 60-100 mpg, but don't do it when other cars around. You can get best MPG out of any cars. How about a huge truck hypermill at 20 mph in front of you and turn your 30 min trip to 1.5 hours?
    When you drive 50mph on highway, wow you save yourself 50cents. At the sametime, everyone icluding SUVs trucks slam on the brake. How much gas did they just wasted on you? Go GREEN- yes, everyone else except you.

8. lostangeles

lostangeles New Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Me too, I was so bummed at the newer incarnation of the Insight, which just looks like a poor man's Prius. I did test-drive one before I decided on my C, because I drove a Civic at the time and loved that car beyond measure, but the Insight was ugh, pretty terrible.

9. tgpii

tgpii Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
  10. xraydoug

xraydoug Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    please remove your toyota and prius badge from the rear of your car and replace with honda fit or something else so prius haters don't get even worse. I am intrested in what your overall mpg is. are you getting better mpg than me. I encourage you to join fuelly, it helps you see what your mpg is over the long run. and how different things affect mpg.

11. mahout

mahout Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two

First of all, I wondered what all the cursing was about on the CB; you have any idea how many truckers - and car - drivers were voting to run over your sorry butt.? Prissy drivers catch enough guff without nuts making their complaints true. If you're not passing anyone driving in the left lane, unless you're in England, get out of it.
    Second, you could tow a bicycle with a Prissy but damn little else.