1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

If you are going to watch 1 youtube video today....

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by PriusGuy32, Mar 27, 2014.

1. PriusGuy32

PriusGuy32 Prius Driver Extraordinaire

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    This is so relevant to us as Prius owners... I read often about big trucks "bullying" other cars out on the roads.

Watch and ENJOY :D This is video proof of the instant karma (and nobody was hurt/killed THANKfully) that we all know will happen to people that drive like this eventually.....

hkmb, Jeff N, Chuck. and 1 other person like this.
  2. Trollbait

Trollbait It's a D&D thing

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    The truck guy was an nice person, but the filmer should have just gotten over to the right lane. There appeared to be plenty of space in the film.

xpcman and fotomoto like this.
  3. ewxlt66

ewxlt66 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    I've seen this posted EVERYWHERE today. Haha. Strikes a cord with many of us!

PriusGuy32 likes this.
  4. PriusGuy32

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Four

If you read the decription under the video, the driver states it wasnt safe to get over in the next lane.

And with an unstable buttplug like the guy in that big Ford, who is to say he wouldnt just get right behind her again and continue harassing her?? This seems to be a case of somebody driving a big truck with a psychological disorder. Even if she would've moved over a lane, I bet dollars to donuts that he would've continued the behavior.

5. kenmce

kenmce High Voltage Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    Limited
    Both drivers are out of line.

6. PriusGuy32

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Four

Im going to go with the guy in truck being slightly more out of line than the lady.... :rolleyes:

7. amm0bob

amm0bob Permanently Junior...

The last place on earth to get cable, Sacramento
    Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    While I don't drive/hog the #1 lane hardly ever (in town on the streets, I do sometimes stay in the lane I will turn from while going maximum posted speed)... generally, if I am in the #1 lane, it is to pass another car...

The nice person in the pickup = deserved to end up that way because he WAS an nice person. And he proved it trying to make it difficult for another driver on the roadway.

PriusGuy32 likes this.
  8. PriusGuy32

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Four

Bob, Im just assuming from your user name that you wouldnt be the person anybody would want to mess around with on the road :LOL: That is, unless they want an all-American lead filled last meal!! LOL

9. amm0bob

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II

Not really Bra... the pickup guy made sure to return and harass a driver.

Then forgot the roadway was slick when he stomped on the go pedal trying to prove his wheels were more important that the other person's were...

I think it was fortunate he didn't take out an innocent driver coming home from work the other way.

10. kenmce

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    Limited
    He was out of line with the the finger. She was out of line puttering along in the fast lane and forcing real drivers to pass on the right.

11. ftl

ftl Explicator

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    In the last few seconds of the video the woman is stopped in a left turn lane, waiting to make a turn. That's probably why she was in the left lane when the truck came up behind her.

When the driver points the camera to view the crashed pickup you can clearly see that the turn lane goes quite a way back. Here's a screen capture from the high-res version of the video:

Prius-versus-Pickup.jpg

The guy in the pickup was lucky that the tractor trailer wasn't a few seconds earlier on the other side of the highway.

fuzzy1 likes this.
  12. PriusGuy32

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    It wasnt a Prius- me and my partner actually think it was one of the small Jeep's (Patriot? etc etc)

ftl likes this.
  13. kenmce

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    Limited
    Err, nevermind.

14. ftl

ftl Explicator

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Yeah, looking at the back of the car in my screencap it's obviously not a Prius. I fixed it in my post.

PriusGuy32 likes this.
  15. amm0bob

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II

I am a former Peace Officer, and a former FFL... with a CCW... I hardly ever carry, and I wouldn't find this kind of behavior something I would feel a need too...

my nick is one from back in the day...

amm0bob = am-american, m-male, 0-zero, bob-my name

Army gave me good skills to shoot the 45... my sidearm of choice/carry. I was on the Fort shooting team and competed when I was Stateside. My comrades in arms called me Zero because I could hit any target in three shots from an unfamiliar weapon, if the sights were stable. My best wasn't anywhere near what the best shooters do... but after I was out of the service, I did take a Greater Kudu from 900 meters. Lots of times the first shot was in the tens/knocked the target down, from weapons I just was handed... spent a little time at Ft. Lewis and Benning, Huachuca, and Gordon then McClellan before my final station at Hood... being deployed in strange places on 4 other continents to hunt men, I had to know how to use the tools that were there too.

I don't do that kind of work anymore. Nor do I want to... and the nightmares of destruction of those days in uniform have not left me, although much of my body has healed. I am fortunate to have a caring woman that understands the demons in my head are not her battle, and that she can't fix that.

My last hunt for game was in Alaska in the 80's. Took a moose and a caribou. I wouldn't eat moose again if you paid me, but the caribou was fine, and made a damn fine pair of boots and coat.

Shoot... now I'm thinking about the crap my ex did. I don't have that stuff...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Chuck., ftl and PriusGuy32 like this.
  16. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    she took your boots? i thought she wouldn't let you wear them.

PriusGuy32 likes this.
  17. amm0bob

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II

Shoot Bra... she even took my baby pictures... that my mother gave us after 6 years.

18. cproaudio

cproaudio Speedlock Overrider

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    I noticed a few things watching the video and Google mapping
    They were traveling South Bound on SR41 Just south of Tampa.
    That section of SR41 has a bike lane according to google maps.
    At around 14 sec, it shows that the speed limit is 55MPH
    She's doing 60MPH or somewhere close.
    Early on in the video, it was shown that there's a vehicle on lane #2. There's no way she could have changed lane.
    Around 47s, she crossed a bridge and passed a flatbed that was shown earlier then another car so she couldn't have merged to lane #2
    Once she passed the 2 vehicles on lane 2, the F250 changed to lane 2, passed her then slowed down to flip her off and not pay attention to the road.
    Can't tell on the video but since he was busy flipping the bird and not paying attention to whats in front of him, there may be a slower vehicle on lane 2 where he was about to rear end.
    He had to swerve into lane 1 to avoid rear ending the vehicle on lane 2 and lost control.
    Maybe the vehicle on lane 2 was following the school zone speed and he was doing 60+MPH.
    He wrecked on SB SR41 @ Estelle Ave in Gisonton, FL
    The intersection where he crashed had a school cross walk.

Data Daedalus and PriusGuy32 like this.
  19. Chuck.

Chuck. Former Honda Enzyte Driver

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    After a closer look, I don't think the Prius driver did that much to bring it on, but the truck dude had a big chip on his shoulder. I don't know what he does for a living, but I suspect that F250 was his personal vehicle...why does a non-business vehicle have to be so huge? Pickup truck sales declined 1/3 during the Great Recession - suspect the drop-off was mostly personal use.

I've driven F250s and F350s and would hate to make one a personal vehicle. It would take a lot longer to park in close quarters - some places I could forget about parking. Also have to give more leeway to traffic.

What if it was me in the Prius? I'd probably be going 55, but attempting to take the right lane to let him pass. I know she indicates that's not possible, but I don't necessarily believe that.

Trollbait and PriusGuy32 like this.
  20. Chuck.

Chuck. Former Honda Enzyte Driver

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I didn't know that!

Did you pull over many slowpokes?

My motivation is back in 2006-2008, so many hypermiling haters (and most reporters) made it seem like there was an epidemic of the proportion of distracted cell phone users driving @40 causing needless gridlock, etc, etc.