1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

I'm missing a piece and I don't know what it's called...

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by bmparent, Sep 5, 2014.

1. bmparent

bmparent Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    So I've discovered the HID headlight problem...a couple weeks after buying the car used, private sale. I've successfully installed a pair of new bulbs, hurrah, and they look great. However after watching several DIY vids about the install, I discovered that the black plastic piece that lives on the passenger side of the engine, near the headlight and the washer fluid tank, that you need to take out to get to the passenger side light is missing. It's kind of tube like and slides up and out. Anybody know what it's called, what it does, and if it's terribly important? I'll probably buy a new one anyway. Thanks, this forums great! I've learned a ton already.

2. xliderider

xliderider Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I think you are describing the air intake tube that attaches to an air box.

A picture would be good. ;)

SCH-I535

3. bmparent

bmparent Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Here's a snippet from a youtube video. It's located on the passenger side of the engine, and slides up and out; it fixes into a kind of hose or air intake I'm assuming. It's fastened to the bumper cover by 1 plastic clip and that's all.

Attached Files:

• part.PNG
      part.PNG
      File size:
      186.6 KB
      Views:
  4. xliderider

xliderider Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
  5. JimboPalmer

JimboPalmer Tsar of all the Rushers

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    My best guess is that he posted here, in the wrong forum, and did not realize that if he Reported himself it would be moved. It is possible he did report himself, and grew bored waiting for it to be moved.

dorunron likes this.
  6. bmparent

bmparent Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I think I posted this question, about this part, twice. Once with photo and once with out. I posted another question about an unrelated part I don't know the name to. Why is this the wrong forum? Which one should it have been under?

7. JimboPalmer

JimboPalmer Tsar of all the Rushers

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    It was under the Prius v forum (about the station wagon) but the moderators moved it to the Gen 2 forum, once it was reported. I try to get posts moved as quickly and silently as possible. Very few regulars in the v forum will have experience with Gen 2 headlights, so until it is moved, you won't get the best advice. If we mention that a post is in the wrong forum, then you get multiple posts about the same subject, again diluting the help you can get.

(Toyota did no one any favors by having two different cars: a Prius V and a Prius v)