1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

I'm officially part of the Prius family!

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by DrPepperholik, May 3, 2014.

1. DrPepperholik

DrPepperholik Active Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    My Prius came in today and I picked her up. When doing the financing part I didn't get any of the extra maintenance or fabric and paint protection. I also took my Mustang to the dealer we got it from and they gave me an extra $2,500 than the Toyota dealer offered. I love my Prius already and my husband likes it too. I love the space for my son's car seat, so much better than the Mustang.[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

iPhone ?

sfv41901, usnavystgc, mmmodem and 5 others like this.
  2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    yaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!:p congratulations! is that pearl? what model? put her in your profile.;)

DrPepperholik likes this.
  3. Horsefeathers

Horsefeathers Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Yay! Congratulations! You'll love the convenience of getting kid(s) and car seat(s) in and out of there. I lugged two toddlers and their seats and gear around in an old two door stick shift Celica GT years ago. Sweet car, fun to drive, but yuck on having to lug kids, seats, and gear in and out of a two door car. Those extra doors are almost like having extra hands. That'll make it worth getting rid of the Mustang right there. Enjoy!

4. KennyGS

KennyGS Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    Sweet! She's a beauty. :love:

Congratulations!!

5. Horsefeathers

Horsefeathers Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    These cars really are more roomy inside than they would appear, aren't they? I've gotten that observation a lot (I'm only a month into Prius ownership).

6. DrPepperholik

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    It is Blizzard Pearl! Prius Three with solar roof.

My dad always told me two door cars are a pain in parking lots and for taking people with you. I definitely agree on the parking lot thing! Getting the baby in and out with his infant carrier (one with the handle) wasn't bad but with this convertible one it was a pain! I had to get in there with him and bend over between the front seat and his car seat to buckle him in and unbuckle him. That's when I knew it was time. My husband warned me before getting the Mustang that it wouldn't be easy but I said I'd make it work. He will never let me live that down.

They are a lot more roomy inside than they appear. She takes up less space in the garage than the Mustang but she has more room than the Mustang. She drives and rides similarly though.

iPhone ? including this annoying Tapatalk signature

hybridbear and Horsefeathers like this.
  7. Camfab

Camfab Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    N/A
    Congrats on your new car purchase. Mustangs are fun cars, but priorities change (kids) and so do your needs. Sounds like your going to love your new car, the mileage part doesn't hurt either. :)

8. Horsefeathers

Horsefeathers Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    The more I look at these white ones, the more I like them. I didn't really have a specific color preference when I bought mine, just "not anything dark," and when I was offered the choice of that Blizzard Pearl color with an additional cost, I was like, "nah, I don't care enough to pay extra for it." I only got the silver because it was light-colored and not more expensive, not because it was a preference. Still, the more I look at these white ones, the more I like them.

9. DrPepperholik

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I was open to color except gold and black. Black looks great but it shows dirt and pollen so bad! By the end of the day today the Prius had a pollen coat already but it doesn't look bad on the white. I was thinking silver but then I really liked the white color best. My other choice would have been either sea glass pearl or nautical blue.

iPhone ?

10. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    very pretty!(y)

11. Camfab

Camfab Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    N/A
    I agree, about the Blizzard. I love Grey cars, plus it's a more masculine color IMHO. In the end I ponyed up and bought the Blizzard. Looks great with deep tinted windows as well.

12. xliderider

xliderider Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Congrats on the arrival of your new "baby"! :D

SCH-I535

13. KennyGS

KennyGS Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Five

:cool:

14. Camfab

Camfab Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    N/A
    I'd recommend tinting your windows, especially in the back, these cars are like a solar oven. I don't know if it's the lack of insulation or just too much glass, but it gets ridiculously hot from the sun.

acceleraptor and DrPepperholik like this.
  15. NuttyKat

NuttyKat Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Sweet!! Love the Blizzard Pearl color with the solar panel. Enjoy!

16. DrPepperholik

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I plan on getting the windows tinted to the legal limits. Here the back can be darker than the front. I'm not sure if I want to do the same all around or opt for the back to be darker. I definitely want to do the tint though! I had my windows done in the Mustang and it made a huge difference with the way it felt. I also plan on adding leather.

iPhone ?

17. Roland1555

Roland1555 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Looks real good and reminds me of my own pearly with solar and bisque leather.

Think you made a real step up from the mustang, and I would not be surprised if your son is old enough to drive it before you are willing to let go of it!

Roland

18. DrPepperholik

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I am hoping it will still be kicking when he's old enough to drive in 15 years. If so, I will give it to him and then I will get another one.

iPhone ?

19. dorunron

dorunron Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Hi DP,

Congrats on the fine selection. You won't regret buying a Prius. Keep the maintenance up on it and you won't go wrong. These cars hold up well as long as you maintain them. I like the Pearl. Ours is silver. Looks sharp when all cleaned up... Yours will too.

Nice ride for sure. Solar Top - I thought that came with the Model Four, I may be wrong. Been wrong before ;)

Anyway, nice looking Prius for sure. Learn about how to hyper mile and get the best MPG you can out of it. These cars are real easy to break the EPA without a whole lot of effort. Just don't drive it like a normal car. Read about hypermiling and go from there. Information on hypermiling the Prius can be found below in the suggested links I am sharing with you in this post. You can also use your favorite search engine and study everything that is out there. There is a wealth of info online in various forums, websites and so forth. IMO, Prius Chat tops them all, followed by Clean MPG.

The following link applies to the previous Gen II Prius, but the theory is what is important. It works the same on your car, but the instrumentation is a little different. Study this, then watch the video below to see how the Gen III is done. It takes a while to get it down, but after a while it becomes second nature. Just remember to go with the flow and hyper mile when traffic allows it...

http://www.cleanmpg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1224

Here is a great video about the subject.

Also here is a article that I suggest you read which discusses the various operating modes of the Prius. The trick to getting the Prius to get the best MPG is hypermiling and staying in "S4" mode as much as possible. The S4 mode is discussed here.

http://techno-fandom.org/~hobbit/cars/five-stages.txt

Enjoy the new ride. I know I enjoy ours. Best of luck to you!

Ron (dorunron)

20. DrPepperholik

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Thanks for all the info! I look forward to reading the links, watching the video and getting great MPG.

Would it have been beneficial to purchase the maintenance plan from the dealer? I just figured if didn't want to pay interest on something that will be just a few times over the life of the loan.

iPhone ?

21. KennyGS

KennyGS Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    I didn't on mine, and haven't on a new car yet. Perhaps I've just been lucky, but never needed one.