1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Importing 2007 USA Prius into EU (Italy)

Discussion in 'International Owners' started by MCJB1000, Jul 28, 2011.

1. MCJB1000

MCJB1000 New Member

for better or worse, i've just imported my 2007 prius from usa into the eu...specifically it has just arrived in genoa italy. my major concern now is to acquire: " Technical data sheet issued by the manufacturer stating car features and declaration of conformities with EU requirements."
    I hope someone out there has some lead on where I might find such a document...thanks a million!

2. GrumpyCabbie

GrumpyCabbie Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Don't you need to check with the authorities in Italy? The US Prius is slightly different to the EU Prius and will probably need slight modification before meeting EU regs. You'll probably need different headlights for a start, a rear fog light, white parking lights at the front and maybe remove the side marker lights (depends on EU country as they're OK in the UK). It might be easier to just buy some EU lights from ebay or local dealer and replace the US ones. You could then sell those on ebay?

Otherwise I think all else will be minor as the US Prius will meet the EU emissions legislation for 2007 (unless the one you have is faulty).