1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Increased production will not speed up delivery very much

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by hclyatt, May 4, 2004.

1. hclyatt

hclyatt New Member

Sorry if this has been discussed before.

I called the Toyota Customer Experience line today and here is what I was told by the rep. The increase in production is only 7000 Prius's in the US this year. With about 1200 dealers nationwide this only ends up being about 1 extra Prius a month for each dealer. This was disappointing news to hear. He also confirmed that the production increase did start showing up in the April allotments, it just is not going to make much of an impact.

The sad thing is Toyota could alleviate much of the frustration just by filling the orders on a first come first serve basis. Not the current allocation by the previous year dealer sells numbers. But they are quite thick headed about that not being the way the allocate cars. I say "So What!" then change the way you allocate the cars.

Hank

2. bigbaldcuban

bigbaldcuban New Member

:pukeleft: That makes me sick. :pukeright: My wife is the only one who can fit two car seats in her car. If I don't hear promising news soon, I might have to consider other options. (Corolla, maybe Camry). I kick myself every time I remember that I could've gotten on a waiting list in November but didn't because I didn't think the backlog would be this bad. :cussing:

3. jasond

jasond New Member

I almost did that.. I planned to buy in February when company bonuses, etc., came out. Then my car got totalled at the end of October, so I was forced to buy before I was ready.. Good thing! And the insurance company paid a little more than I was likely to get with a trade-in..

4. hondavalk_

hondavalk_ New Member

:lol I know how hard the wait can be but after ordering mine in Dec I got the call Monday its on the way. Hang tough.