1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

independent mechanic or toyota dealer service in SD.

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Autoconfig, Aug 7, 2014.

1. Autoconfig

Autoconfig Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    One
    recently got my prius 2007 with 105670 on ODO ,now it got completed another 500 miles, previous owner has agreed to pay 150$ for 106000 service, since i am new to San diego ,I don't know which is good toyota dealer ,please let me know good toyota service .

2. Normb

Normb Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I, too, am now looking for a non-dealer mechanic in San Diego. We have a 2005 Prius. Until now, I have done almost all of the maintenance myself - oil and filter, air filter, plugs, front brake pads @ 120k, rear brake adjustments, Trans fluid change, 12 v battery.

I find that Toyota of Escondido generally overestimates labor (except once when the tech severely underestimated). This has been pretty consistent for the few things I have had them do. Regular maintenance charges are a rip off between excess time and unneeded bs.

Toyota of Poway is technically poor. The HV battery failed under warranty. The car was towed to TofP. They got the battery installed OK. We brought the car home. Kids get in the backseat. "Where's the seat belt?" TofP buttoned up the panel with the seat belt still inside. They too wanted crazy money for something I inquired about.

I called Luscious Garage, but they had no suggestions for San Diego. I asked them about a trasaxle change out using a salvage unit at their shop. It went from $1300 TO $2548 in about 3 minutes and a wait a minute let me check again.

TIA

Norman

3. Normb

Normb Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Oh, the Prius has 190k miles.

4. HelloHybrid

HelloHybrid Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Try TLC (Toyota Lexus Care) off of Convoy Street. A lot of co-workers take their cars there and say lots of good things.