1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Infinity Basslink II Problems

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by roppy5, Mar 4, 2011.

1. roppy5

roppy5 New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    I've noticed that there are several members on the forum that have installed the Infinity Basslink or Basslink II in their Gen III Prius. My Basslink II was professionally installed and keeps going in and out (i.e. plays for a bit and then stops). Sometimes it will play for 30min with no problem and then it'll just sit there. The power light stays on the entire time. I have already replaced the unit once with Amazon and the replacement unit does the same thing. I didn't hear anyone mention using a capacitor for this sub but I'm wondering if that could be the case??? I'm certain that the wiring is correct and the cables to the battery and ground are secure (4 gauge wire). Any ideas before I go ahead and just return it? I appreciate any comments.

2. jordanr

jordanr Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Did you have an inline RCA converter installed?

3. roppy5

roppy5 New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    No. I don't believe so. The installer just spliced into the amplifier wires under the front passenger seat.

4. austingreen

austingreen Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A
    The basslink has converters from speaker inputs built in, so you don't need additional hardware. I've had no problem with mine. I am plugging it into an aftermarket HU though. Try turning down the gain. It may be a wireing problem, but without seeing it, I have no idea how to tell. I wired the positive directly from the battery through a fuse to the basslink. I attached the negative to a bolt near the spare tire.

5. roppy5

roppy5 New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Well... after returning the first Basslink II unit to Amazon and installing the replacement unit they sent me... the SAME PROBLEM still exists. I'm starting to think that it may be something with my car but I can't explain it. There seem to be so many folks in this forum that have this set up with no problems. Any one have any ideas on what could be causing the Basslink to just shut off? To clarify, the unit will play on low (less than 1/3) volume. As soon as I turn it up pass 1/2 it will just shut off (but the blue power LED stays on). If I turn off the car and restart it again, the unit plays again... immediately. It's the strangest thing.

6. PSIcho

PSIcho New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Could it be a heat issue? Sounds like thermal protection on its amp kicking in.

7. roppy5

roppy5 New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Hmmm... the basslink is an all-in-one unit. It sits out in the open and gets plenty of air. I don't think it could be the heat. In the end, I ended up returning both units that I got from Amazon.