1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

inside beep when car parked and turned off

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Flying White Dutchman, Aug 7, 2013.

1. Flying White Dutchman

Flying White Dutchman Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    today somethin new happend to me.

i googled about it but can not really find anything beside smart key related stuff buth mine is turned of and still you also get a beep outside that i do not.

anyway what happens is the following.

the car was locked and parked.
    but the beep you also have when the seatbelt reminder is on when driving was beeping ( at that same speed really fast beeping when you do not put your seatbelt on after a while it starts to beep really fast )
    i unlocked the car and opent the door and it kept beeping... now ofcourse i can hear it even better.. it was indeed the inside beep....

i closed the door and wanted to lock the door again but before i could press the button it locked itself....

i opent and locked the car again.. after a few seconds it stopped.....

anyone a clue? what this is.

i have smartkey but i have it turned off ( the button below steering wheel )

2. 2k1Toaster

2k1Toaster Brand New Prius Batteries

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    The battery in your fob will still drain over time even with SKS disabled. You probably have a low battery in your fob. That's what the car is saying, listen to it.

3. Flying White Dutchman

Flying White Dutchman Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    when the keyless entry is disabled it wil not communicatie with the fob anymore will it?
    so how does it now that the fob battery is low?
    the car was parked and locked the fob not near it... it was just beeping...