1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Installed a REMIN Dash Kit in our v today

Discussion in 'Prius v Main Forum' started by Flyman, Apr 9, 2012.

1. Flyman

Flyman Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    My wife and I installed a Burl Wood Dash Kit by REMIN in our v today. Took us about 1 1/2 hours, I prepared the surfaces and found the correct pieces and she installed them, she has much steadier hand. It came out as well as any shop could have done. Heres the site and a couple of pictures if anyone is interested. Watch the video, follow directions and oh yes have a steady hand.

2012 Toyota Prius Wood Grain Dash Kits | Carbon Fiber

Attached Files:

2 people like this.
  2. DAVEJAN

DAVEJAN Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    V
    What Burl did you install? I have Honey Burl on order for my V so I wondered if would be the same as yours. I noticed you didn't cover the power panel and area below it, did you have a problem in that area? Nice job by the way!!

3. Flyman

Flyman Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    My wife picked the synthetic Honey Burl. We bought a sample set for $5, you get four samples of your choice which was nice to confirm which color you really like. She felt the Honey Burl looked best with the dark gray interior. It is a nice color and the grain looks great, I am sure you'll like it.
    I don't have any pieces in the set I bought for anything but what is shown and of course the back door pieces. The only thing left over in the set is the pieces for a Non Nav Radio, this is the 42 piece set. Let me know if you get pieces for the power panel with yours. I don't see them listed on the pieces/parts schematic.
    BTW the wife was a little skeptical of my idea to do this, now she loves it.

4. DAVEJAN

DAVEJAN Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    V
    I ordered the 57 parts kit so that must be the difference. Wife skepticism is a given I am afraid. I had to order the overhead console kit first to be sure it would be a good choice for her. Which is OK of course. David

5. Mac Prius

Mac Prius Mod Junkie

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    Compliments to the wife on the install. Was the install pretty clean around the edges for a nice fit? I would be interested in hearing about its performance over time. Please keep us posted.

6. DAVEJAN

DAVEJAN Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    V
    My experience with the kit on my 2009 Venza has been zero problems looks as good as when I installed three years ago.

7. Flyman

Flyman Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    I will try to remember to update in a few months to comment on how it is holding up. I didn't order the 57 piece set because the parts for around the shift lever seemed different and I was afraid it wouldn't work. Please post how yours turns out.

8. DAVEJAN

DAVEJAN Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    V

Attached Files:

9. Flyman

Flyman Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two

10. DAVEJAN

DAVEJAN Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    V
    Glad the pics helped out. I get a lot of compliments on the look.

11. GantryG

GantryG New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Thanks for sharing, Flyman, that is awesome to know.

12. Flyman

Flyman Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    Your welcome. I have to say the customer service at Car ID is outstanding. :cheer2:

13. Mac Prius

Mac Prius Mod Junkie

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    I ordered the Real Carbon Fiber kit on April 11 with estimated ship date of April 18. Now I have been told it wont ship til May 8. I hate waiting......:mad:

14. myfirsteverprius12

myfirsteverprius12 Just getting started

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I'm interested in getting this one too. I have a black car and was thinking of getting the 58 piece set along with the exterior stuff. Please post pictures, I can't seem to find any of the carbon fiber ones.

Did you order the real stuff (Plus 30.000%) or just the pattern?

Thanks for your help!

15. Mac Prius

Mac Prius Mod Junkie

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    Originally I was looking at the synthetic version but in the end I went with the real carbon fiber (extra cost) based on the example image. I only ordered the basic kit and I dont think I will use all the pieces. I dont want it to look overdone, just accented. Probably start with just covering the silver areas and go from there. Exterior pieces on a black car might look good. Get the real ones though, not the synthetic. My car is silver so I dont think the exterior pieces would look good. I'll post pics when I eventually get them.

16. myfirsteverprius12

myfirsteverprius12 Just getting started

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Thank you very much, I look forward to seeing them!

17. estebinbin

estebinbin Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    hello, i have read all your comments and am looking into a dash kit for my prius c but i do have a question or two. i have ordered and received my kit samples from REMIN and was wondering do the kits normally feel rubbery? my samples came a little sticky with some residue and i noticed it was hard to clean, has this been anyone else's experience?

18. lcl66

lcl66 New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    I installed a REMIN basic kit with optional overhead console kit last week. I waited a week because I didn't use adhesion promoter. I want to make sure the pieces hold up before I write my comment. Well, they do hold up very well. So, you really don't need the adhesion promoter for Prius v. (I did order an adhesion promoter pen as recommended. But, I was more concerned about the promoter damaging the surrounding surface than its benefit. So, I decided to do it without the promoter and see what happened.)

I ordered the kit in Synthetic Platinum Burl (SPW) to go with my light gray interior. It took me about 3 hours by myself. They are pretty easy to install. I am very happy with the result. Here are some pictures:

photo 1.JPG photo 2.JPG photo 3.JPG photo 4.JPG

Alan Ellis likes this.