1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Installed pioneer AVIC F900bt 2 din nav unit

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by dan_ep82, Jul 16, 2014.

1. dan_ep82

dan_ep82 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Excel
    Greetings from the uk!

just completed an install in my 05 prius with no factory nav but jbl sound system, install went smoothly i used the metra wiring adaptors and i bought a prius specific harness for the axxess steering wheel controls and it seems to make my steering wheel backlights still operate somehow!? from what i have read these would fail to illuminate once factory deck was removed?

anyway great helpful information on this site i had to order all the parts over from US as nothing is sold over here to do the swap! as far as i can tell hardly anybody (if anybody) has done a 2 din head unit swap in the UK!
    10559278_10152553099779486_1606850536_n.jpg

2. Dilin

Dilin New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hi from Australia.

I have an 06 Prius, and the exact same head unit waiting to be installed! any help would be great!

Also, a couple of questions:

The MFD (Screen on top) works with no issues, after the removal of the standard head unit?
    Just wanted to know what parts were required for your install?

3. dan_ep82

dan_ep82 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Excel
    Hi there everything works just as it should! i used the metra 95-8240B facia adaptor, the metra TYTO-01 jbl interface and the Metra Axxess ASWC-1 steering control interface! i also used one of these:

Toyota Prius 04-09 ISO Adaptor Lead Wiring Car Radio Harness Connector | eBay

and one of these to make life easy!

remember to use the 68 ohm resistor its detailed in the instructions you get!

thanks

4. rathore4u

rathore4u Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Hi @dan_ep82
    I want to do the same for my prius here in UK. Did you buy all this stuff from different sellers in US or one seller that could send all parts in one pack.

Thanks

5. dan_ep82

dan_ep82 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Excel
    Hi there i had to buy the items from various places in usa! i ordered a facia from amazon and that came in 2 days! everything else took couple weeks so my advise would be to order everything from amazon!

thanks

6. wa-chiss

wa-chiss Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    The only functions that you will notice won't work, are the beeping when you touch the screen, and the ability to change stations, volume, etc. with the MFD.