1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Installing Heated Seats with Softex

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by Keith Elkin, Oct 25, 2014.

1. Keith Elkin

Keith Elkin Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Persona
    Well, I did it... and all I can say is.. Holy Crap batman.. I'm a tech head and have installed many a stereo, navigation system, speakers, etc... But this was a major PITA.. It would have been made easier if I could have found a document explaining how to remove the molding and upholstery properly...

If anyone things of doing this in a Gen III with Softex, be warned that your seat heater pad can't go past the horizontal seam in the seat.. There's just no way to cut the pad to make it work, so you're only going to have heat on your butt.. not your legs.. not a dealbreaker for me but might be for you.

The $68 kit from Amazon for two seats was a deal and perfect.. the switch is a bit big and don't like the fact the housing contains dials for both seats.. would rather two separate switches.. but I'll live...

Now to figure out where to permanently mount the switch.. right now it's just hanging out of a switch blank.

iPad ? HD