1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Installing OEM Fog Lights

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Hayden, Jul 27, 2014.

1. Hayden

Hayden Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    Can anyone show me some instructions on how to DIY install the fog lights onto a 07 prius? I feel like I've searched everywhere and the only thing I could find is a poorly made and almost impossible to follow PDF. I'm getting a quote from the dealer tomorrow but I'm sure it will be outrageous. Any help will be appreciated!

2. dorunron

dorunron Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Let us know what the dealer say about the price to install. I have been considering adding the fogs to mine just for the looks...

Ron (dorunron)

3. Patrick Wong

Patrick Wong DIY Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    2G OEM fog lights serve no useful purpose, they are strictly cosmetic. They might also irritate on-coming traffic when left on at all times.

It is unclear whether your car has the necessary wiring, if not that will have to be run.

One DIY approach might be to install a separate switch on the dashboard. The correct fog light switch is a rotary assembly on the light stalk, so if you wish to replicate that the driver's air bag has to be removed for access to the switch.

You can obtain wiring diagram info at techinfo.toyota.com if you want to see exactly how the OEM fog lights are wired.

#3 Patrick Wong, Jul 27, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2014
  4. Hayden

Hayden Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    The kit I have has all the wiring and the button, I just need a wiring diagram. Unfortunately the site you provided is asking for a monthly cost to view.
    Also, the fog light HOUSING may be OEM, but I will be converting it to HID after I get it installed to make it useful. And I don't plan on having it on all the time at the convince of others.