1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Instructions for installing rear-view cameras

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by roperld, Apr 1, 2006.

1. roperld

roperld Junior Member

Does any one have the explicit instructions for installing the coastaletech rear-view camera?

I have ask them for the instructions, but nothing has been forthcoming.

One ought to be able to study the installation instructions before deciding to buy, to see if the buyer thinks that she/he can install it.

Dave Roper

2. hdrygas

hdrygas New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(roperld @ Apr 1 2006, 07:27 PM) [snapback]233617[/snapback]</div>
    PM Ifixem he installed my Coastal E Tech frame camera. You need an interface to the system theirs or as I did the CAN-View. The setup is detailed in the instructions except for the composite interface. You need to connect the camera and get power from the car and run the wires to your interface. I think that Costal has one that they are working on. I am not sure it is available. I would call. You will need to remove a lot of the interior parts of the car to run the wires to the front. Use the phone and talk to them. Mine came set up and ready to go. I woosed out and had a professional do it for me. Ifixem is a member and a prius tech. He may be able to offer advice.

3. bgdrewsif

bgdrewsif New Member

Phoenix, Arizona (formerly Bowling Green, Ohio)
    Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(hdrygas @ Apr 1 2006, 11:28 PM) [snapback]233657[/snapback]</div>
    Form what I have read on these fourms, I would be VERY wary of dealing with CoastalTech, as they seem to be frauding customers out of money, not returning calls and emails, not delivering products, etc.... just search for Coastal Tech on the form and you will find TONS of bad things written about them...