1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Interior Hatch Cover: Check for Loose Screws..

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by RobertO, Apr 25, 2004.

1. RobertO

RobertO New Member

Putting groceries in the back of my #7 Driftwood Pearl, I noticed a tiny Black (Dk. Brown?) anodized flat head Phillips screw laying on the rear carpet.

"Hm-m-m-m", says me, "where'd this come from?". Never thinking it possibly could have come from my "baby" I was about to toss it in the "Orphan Parts" bin when I noticed that a screw was missing from the bracket on the pull-out security shade/cover/thingy.

With a small head Phillips screwdriver, I replaced it- tight - but not too tight.

I decided to check the other three screws (two for each bracket) and, sure enough, they were also quite loose.

If you tighten those screws in question, remember that the screws are steel and the material on the other side of the bracket is PLASTIC, so don't reef too hard on the screw driver.

TOTAL TIME TO FIX:

2 minutes tops. Less if you can find the screwdriver.

Oh - I finally cracked 50 mpg - got 496.7 on the last tank. Depending on who you want to believe: The computer(s), the display, the bladder, the sending unit or the gas pump.

Seems like 525 miles is quite attainable, depending on weather, route, road conditions, etc.

Bob

2. Frank Hudon

Frank Hudon Senior Member

That happened to us in less than 3 weeks of ownership. Only we managed to loose one, I guess it's a moot point as it was replaced because of the accident. But we'll check this one as well after a couple of weeks.