1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Intermittent brake squeak

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by vinnie97, Dec 1, 2010.

1. vinnie97

vinnie97 Whatever Works

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A
    At under 6000 miles and I'm already hearing a squeak. I noticed a reverse squeak much earlier in ownership but in the last week, I've heard it going forward. Is there a TSB that addresses this (I'm pretty sure there was one for the reverse sqeak)? Is lubrication needed?

2. stream

stream Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    There is a TSB for this (replacing rear brake shims). I had it done and the noise was still there, so the dealer ended up taking apart the rear brakes and applying anti-squeak lube. I believe I read there is now a second TSB on this issue. Try a search for more info.

3. vinnie97

vinnie97 Whatever Works

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A
    I did check for the listed TSBs at Edmunds but none covered brakes (perhaps it is not a complete list).

4. vinnie97

vinnie97 Whatever Works

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A
  5. vinnie97

vinnie97 Whatever Works

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A
    Hate to bump this again but my car is not in the VIN list for that TSB. I shall be waiting until the problem becomes more regular, but I'm intermittently hearing the squeaking in both forward and reverse. I suppose it could be due to uneven wear or the need of lubrication, but I think it's a bit ridiculous to hear at only ~6K miles! Maybe I should engage in stopping on a dime a few times to see if that clears it up (hate being wasteful with the pads). :p I'd rather not fight with the dealer over an intermittent problem when they claim to me they can't recreate it.