1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Intro --and 2015 Prius Threenot totally connecting to Samsung Galaxy S4

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by Evelyn Gray, Oct 8, 2014.

1. Evelyn Gray

Evelyn Gray New Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Hi I'm new here and might just be venting because I cannot figure out what the heck is going on with my new car.
    I *had* to buy a 2015 after I recently totaled my 15 month old 2013. I gave the 2013 VIN to the dealer and he told me I was getting the exact same car: Prius Three Blizzard Pearl with Solar roof.

One of the things I loved about the 2013 was the "new text message" alert and the reading of the text message by the car. For some reason, the 2015 won't do the same thing. The new car is one week old and I spent 3 hours today between going to the dealer and then on the phone with Toyota "Customer Service."

Basically, I was told the 2015 might not be totally tested with all phones and that I should just twiddle my thumbs until the millions of other Samsung Galaxy S4 owners buy a 2015 Prius and have the same problem. I feel kind of ripped off. The other phone features seem to pair okay with the car.

Anyone with similar issues? Thanks.

TofuKitty

2. frodoz737

frodoz737 Top Wrench

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Dealerships are not always the best solution for phone pairing/functionality issues. Try your phone store or one of several stereo shops to see if they have better knowledge with this, if you have not already.